Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Vintage saddle specs

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by motor_city_tele, Feb 14, 2011.

1. motor_city_tele

motor_city_tele Tele-Afflicted

Apr 25, 2005
    motor city
    For the past two weeks, I have been busy finishing some of the 52 Esquire guitars I started last Spring. While adding 60 years to the hardware, I removed the saddles from the bridge and thought to myself, Are these (saddles that came with my bridges) going to be OK? I broke out the "Book" and flipped to the Nitty Gritty portion where the saddles are defined. Sure enough, what came with the bridges are not period correct. I'll have to make my own. The 52 saddles are made of 5/16 brass, are 27/32 long and have 6-32 threaded holes. The height adjustment holes are clearly stated in the "Book" are angled back and are not perpendicular to the intonation holes.

My questions are . . .

1. do the vertical holes go through the center of the diameter?
    2. do the horizontal holes go through the diameter?
    3. what is the angle of the vertical holes.

Boy it sucks being a Virgo sometimes.

If I don't hear back from someone in the know, I'm gonna wing it with the following specs. I'll eyeball the angle.

[​IMG]

2. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2008
    Maple Ridge, Canada
    From pics I've seen the angle on the brass saddles is quite small, the angle on the steel saddles is noticeably greater. Your diagram looks right except the angle could be a hair less just based on looking at the pics in the book.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.