Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Vintage Hot Rod '52 Owner's Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by mudbean, Dec 11, 2008.

1. mudbean

mudbean Friend of Leo's

Saddles, I'm not nearly qualified to report my impressions (other than to say I love it!), as I am a rank noob on the Tele, but this guy does a pretty good demo:

Thanks again for the kind words, guys!! :D

mud

2. golfnut

golfnut Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2008
    Canada
    My Hotrod tele in action.

[​IMG]

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. Nicky B

Nicky B Tele-Meister

Oct 19, 2008
    New York
    Whats the set height for a bridge pickup on a 52 hot rod? I'm asking because they're hotter then vintage/normal pickups, and the fender guide doesn't say.
    What're yours at/where should mine be at?

Also-Mudbean-No harm done :) The other one kinda died anyways...:rolleyes:
    Congrats on the win also!

5. ajgus

ajgus Friend of Leo's

Jan 8, 2008
    chicago
    Congrats again, Mud! She's a looker for sure. I've got to ask, did it pain you at all to drill those extra three holes in the body? I don't know that I would've been able to do it.

6. mudbean

mudbean Friend of Leo's

Thanks aj, I gotta admit - I hesitated ... but, I figured it's not so bad, because if I ever wanted to go back, the 3 extra holes would not be visible ... and, I really do like the look of the screws all around the edge.

mud

7. Paulie13

Paulie13 Tele-Holic

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta
    Gorgeous man! I really love the black.

8. syow

syow Tele-Meister

Nov 6, 2010
    ozark, mo.
    nice guitar, i want one now

9. ronmcelwee

ronmcelwee TDPRI Member

Jan 29, 2011
    New Mexico
    [​IMG]

Lots of good looking instruments here. I've always been fond of brunettes myself mud, but since fate led me to this butterscotch blonde mistress, I can say she is definitely a keeper! I own two other teles, a MIM topload standard and a '72 RI thinline. It was the buckers on the thinline that led me to this beautiful instrument. Although I play all through a Hot Rod Deluxe and cab, the Hot Rod tele is the most responsive and sounds absolutely incredible.

Ron

10. ast370

ast370 Tele-Meister

May 21, 2011
    South Carolina
    Hi, just realized I have been owning one and following this thread but had not posted... So here is mine and I love it. It was a b-day gift from loving wife and after 8 months I can't imagine not having it or her lol

Attached Files:

11. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

Aug 15, 2012
    Australia
    This model tele has the best neck......
    My am standard strat neck felt kinda wimpy when swapping guitars at a gig last night.

Do they made a strat with the same neck dimensions as the 52 HR tele?
    U shape, 9.5 radius.

I looked on the fender site, the 62 HR strat looks like it might be similar with thick C neck.
    Any experience?

12. DMeltzer

DMeltzer Tele-Meister

I got my hotrod on Saturday (May 18, 2013) - a day that will live in awesomeness

Attached Files:

13. 73Fender

73Fender Friend of Leo's

Feb 28, 2010
    Jersey Shore
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.