Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Vintage Dimarzio SDS-1?

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by grahm22, Jul 11, 2013.

1. grahm22

grahm22 TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2012
    michigan
    Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm trying to identify these pickups and I believe they may be Dimarzio SDS-1's, but just wanted to know if anyone could confirm this and maybe get some more info on them.

Attached Files:

2. jackleg

jackleg Tele-Meister

Aug 19, 2004
    i think that they should be labeled on the backside????

3. grahm22

grahm22 TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2012
    michigan
    Probably, but I don't have the guitar and the seller is unwilling to open it up.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Jun 24, 2004
    Anderson, IN
    They look like old SDS-1 pickups to me - I've seen many.

6. Manolete

Manolete Friend of Leo's

Feb 19, 2011
    Here
    I think the hex polepieces would denote it as a Dimarzio. The only other places I've seen them are on (licenced) Schaller versions of some Dimarzio designs and on the OEM pickups fitted to Matsumoku guitars (Westones/Vantages et al)... nice S-1!

7. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    I have them on one of my Fido guitars and I believe these are the real deal, which also means this Gibson will sound way better than the stock Bill Lawrence units ever made it sound.

8. musclebuilder

musclebuilder TDPRI Member

Sep 12, 2008
    new jersey
    Yeah they look like vintage SDS-1 PAF super distortions..I have several of them. Without a reading or pics of the bottoms you can't be 100% sure but they certainly look the part from those pics.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.