Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Victory Sheriff 22 headroom

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bastonge, Oct 6, 2017.

1. bastonge

bastonge TDPRI Member

May 27, 2010
    argentina
    Hi guys.

Can you share experiences with this head?

Im about to get pull the trigger on this amp, just wanted to make sure it has a normal ammount of headroom as all the reviews and demos i've seen it starts to break up very fast in the cleanest channel and the method to get some cleans is to roll off the volume on the guitar.

Thanks

2. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

probably have to head over to the Rob Chapman forum for more players that have experienced the sheriff

3. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

May 24, 2010
    Canada
    Or you can turn down the input volume. Just watched the official vid on their site. Sounds ok but I am skeptical on their 28W claim. Why not call the amp Sheriff 28? There is only so much power you can get out of a pair of EL84's, can't see them magically getting more out of them than anyone else.

4. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

Dec 1, 2012
    United Kingdom
    What's normal?
    If you think it might be lacking, buy the 44. I prefer the 44, and you can drop it to 6 watts, unless you really need the smaller head and/or the ability to drop to 0.3 watts

5. bastonge

bastonge TDPRI Member

May 27, 2010
    argentina
    hi!
    the sheriff 44 is way above my budget so isnt an option.

What i mean about normal is, be able to play clean at band level, and then start adding dirt

6. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

May 24, 2010
    Canada
    The manual does not say what speaker the amp has. The type of speaker will make a bigger difference on how much clean headroom you have than how many watts the amp has (the manual says 22W). The amp can only play as loud clean as any other 20W tube amp. Whether that is enough depends on the band situation.

7. bastonge

bastonge TDPRI Member

May 27, 2010
    argentina
    thanks printer
    from what i've heard, the sheriff will be 28watts, dont know why they called it 22 tho. Im going to give it a try today

8. bastonge

bastonge TDPRI Member

May 27, 2010
    argentina
    Tried the head yesterday. 5 minutes after that, i took it home.
    Increible amp. VERY loud. Lots of headroom at the band levels im used to play.

It seems its 22watts, not 28

3-Chord-Genius and Serenity23 like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.