Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Victory Lowrider Gold Foil vs Lipstick?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by John N, Feb 12, 2019 at 7:42 AM.

1. John N

John N TDPRI Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Camden, ME
    Very curious about these for a mod project that I'm tempted to do. I have a Danelectro 59RI 12 string and I am wondering if these might be a bit more open sounding than the lipsticks - dare I say, maybe a little more Rickenbacker Toaster sounding. These intrigue me because 1) they're not that expensive, B) they have a low enough profile that I will not have to route the guitar. The only destructive mod (besides small mounting screw holes for the pickups) would be the Dano pick guard which, if I want to reverse the mod, is readily available as a replacement part.
    Mostly I just want a wider sound, particularly from the bridge pickup - not necessarily more drive from the pickups because clean is good for 12 string jangle!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.