Victoria tweed deluxe questions

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by klasher, May 25, 2019.

1. klasher

klasher Tele-Holic

So will a Victoria tweed deluxe's low end stay pretty tight when you crank it or will it get all farty sounding? Also how do they typically respond to distortion pedals? Not mild overdrive, but powerchord type distortion? Like Heartache Tonight type power chords. Do they stay pretty tight sounding or get real fizzy?

2. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

The Victoria is a faithful copy of a tweed deluxe so NO is the answer to the first part of both the first and the last of your questions.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

I've never played a Victoria tweed 5e3, but Mark Baier works pretty hard to follow Fender as closely as he can, as Nick Fanis pointed out. So I'd be shocked if it didn't fart out and if it "took pedals well." So: what Nick Fanis said.

The first can be fixed pretty easily if you know how to work on amps. The second is, to me, a bit like asking how to soup up a Lamborghini engine so that it can go really fast. It already does that without extra parts.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.