Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

VibroChamp WTH?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by wblynch, Jul 25, 2017.

1. jimash

jimash Tele-Afflicted

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    Nope.

2. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister

Apr 24, 2017
    California USA
    Oh, I guess I was thinking about the SuperChamp X2

jimash likes this.

3. jimash

jimash Tele-Afflicted

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    "Oh, I guess I was thinking about the SuperChamp X2"

Actually, also, nope. Neither amp has a channel that isn't a digital modeled preamp. Bypassing that would require building a whole new amp, pretty much.

Note to Brogh: this is where the arguments usually start.

Grux likes this.

4. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister

Apr 24, 2017
    California USA
    Well I found a VC XD in the local craigs list for a low price so I will goof around with it for a while. Then I won't feel the urgency to overspend on a real VC while I wait for one to come to me. Maybe I'll end up building one from a kit. It would start with all new components and wood cabinet (I have heard the later VCs had particle board)

There is something very alluring to me about pure analog tube electronics. In the same way I still use film for all my photography.

5. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA

Actually you find tons of ones that have not been used in some time or are used very seldom. But if used regularly the strain on the caps can cause them to let go -especially if they've been sitting for some time. Older caps often crystallize. Most of the vintage amps I end up working on that have been purchased in the previous year are brought in because of major failures - not to be serviced normally.

6. Believer

Believer TDPRI Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Mississippi
    Yeah, pick up a used Bugera 2x12. You can usually find them for $150 or less. Pretty decent sounding 2x12 for the money. The speakers are fairly high efficiency, and should give you a pretty good volume boost.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.