Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Versatile Solutions for Modern Living

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Skully, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 12, 2003
    Glamorous NoHo
    I previously posted this on TDPRI shortly after I finished it about a year and a half ago. I don't think it's representative of my sound or songwriting style, but, uh... it is finished. Somehow the ones that are less important to me are easier to finish, because I have fewer expectations about what they should be.

It's all me, all the time. Lots of Telecasters, an Epiphone 335, vintage Ludwig drums... no keyboards save for a ghostly two finger part on the chorus.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3599&alid=-1

Naturally, I have a bunch of others that are half-finished or almost finished. Maybe the existence of this forum will encourage me to complete them.

2. retsacelet

retsacelet Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2003
    Newnan, GA
    I remember when you posted this before I really dug it then and again today. Very catchy.

3. photoweborama

photoweborama Friend of Leo's

Dec 16, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    That's pretty cool I like the sound of it. I like it very, very much!

4. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Admin Post
    I like the slightly off-kilter mix of 60's and 80's sounds and feels, and I like your voice. I also checked out "Transformation", which I liked quite a bit. Your voice sounds a lot like Howard Kaylan of the Turtles/Flo and Eddie, and I say that with admiration!

Cheers, Tim

5. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 12, 2003
    Glamorous NoHo
    Thanks, Tim. Kaylan is a comparison I never expected, but I will take the compliment!

Now that I listen for it, I can hear that I sound a bit Kaylan-eque on "Transformation." That's what I get for listening to lots of Kinks, Stones, Ramones, Cheap Trick and Iggy Pop. That just goes to prove we aren't necessarily the sum of our influences. Sometimes we just are what we is.

6. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Admin Post
    Hey, I listen to all that stuff, too!

I just don't have a voice like yours...

Grins, Tim

7. photoweborama

photoweborama Friend of Leo's

Dec 16, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I really do like this one a lot. I'd listen to it on the radio if it was on. It really as a "snap" to it!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.