Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

USPS mail theft

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ApolloMike, Mar 16, 2013.

1. ApolloMike

ApolloMike Tele-Holic

Anyone ever have any experience with that? Some of my company mail seems to not make it to me. And it isn't the bills. I opened a case with the Postal Inspectors, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. More is missing. You call the post office, and nobody answers. You call the actual local postal inspector, and leave a message, and never get a call back.

Very frustrating.

2. sacizob

sacizob Friend of Leo's

They may have people looking into it that have nothing to do with your PO (like security).

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied

Did you remember to tell them to ship in a plain brown wrapper?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Ben Jammin'

Ben Jammin' Tele-Meister

Post office is talkin' 'bout cuttin' back, guess Bubba's needin' some way to spike his income. :D

6. ApolloMike

ApolloMike Tele-Holic

Yes. The Postal Inspector. They are Federal Law Enforcement. The local Inspector has been sent the case from the Regional office.

7. ApolloMike

ApolloMike Tele-Holic

That must be what I forgot to do!

8. 6942

6942 Poster Extraordinaire

We had some scumbag opening up mail boxes at 3am a few weeks back.
    I told my letter carrier, and she contacted her supervisor.

9. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

Back when I was still collecting comic books, I bought a full run of Avengers from a gent off ebay. Included in the collection were two pages of the original artwork drawn by John Buscema ( one of the all time greats and my favorite Avengers artist ). It was initialed for approval to print from Stan Lee and Roy Thomas ( editor at the time ). I got the three long boxes with the comics, but the artwork went missing. The seller had all the proof of shipping, but I never received the artwork ( it was sent signature required by myself only ). The seller and I worked out a value on the artwork and he just credited back the money to my account. I don't know if he ever got anything back from USPS. Some postal employee has a sweet piece of original art. Hope he / she appreciates it.

Attached Files:

10. castpolymer

castpolymer Poster Extraordinaire

I forgot, we used to receive our company mail in a mailbox in front of our offices until about $ 50,000.00 worth of checks went missing one month. The guy who stole them was actually caught. We now use a P.O. Box.

11. Obsessed

Obsessed Poster Extraordinaire

12. ApolloMike

ApolloMike Tele-Holic

A light industrial company doesn't just pack up and move. It won't fit in a uhaul.

13. ApolloMike

ApolloMike Tele-Holic

That is what I am thinking of, a PO box. I have about one months worth of receivables missing. It makes things tough.

14. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Definitely a PO box. Wouldn't dream of using anything else for a business, and I'm reluctant to have anything I actually want delivered to my home.

Not that I don't trust the mail delivery people, but a mailbox is just not a secure thing.

15. Jhengsman

Jhengsman Tele-Holic

There will be a dual investigation, both are outside of the postal chain of command. The Postal Inspectors will look for an outside source. Every time a letter carrier is robbed the first thing to go is his key, it is almost impossible to change the locks in a zip code. Especially now that there are few government checks in the mail stream and they no longer come on a predictable schedule the key is the prize the thief is after. Meanwhile the Inspector General will look for an inside the Postal Service thief.

16. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Years ago I started loosing packages that were left at my door.. Was pretty certain who was taking them but could prove nothing.. Rented a private mail box at what was Mail Box Etc.. Now it's the UPS store.. Kind of pricy but I get all my packs.. The offender is long gone but I keep using the service.. At first I just didn't want stuff to go missing but after thinking about it it's kind of creepy..

17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied

When I was a kid, we had a kid in school who could open post office boxes quicker than you could open your front door. He would catch no one around and open up a bunch of 'em and just leave 'em. I don't think he did get caught doing it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.