Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

USACG Boatneck

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Slowisfast, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Slowisfast

Slowisfast TDPRI Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Mt. Rainier
    I'm planning out my next build and I'm going to be going with USACG for the neck and body.

I have an All-Parts V neck, which I like very much. It's my first V. The info I received when purchasing was that it was a .9-.98. I don't have calipers to confirm but it feel great in the hand. There are times though where I wish it were a little bigger.

Can anyone give me their perspective on USACGs neck profile offerings. I'm leaning toward their Boatneck.

I believe their SSV would be closest to the All-Parts neck I have now but I'm thinking I can go big and sand back if I find it just a bit to large.

Any info from forum members regarding USACG neck profiles would be appreciated.

It'll either be a straight 7.25". Possibly a compound 7.25-9.5".

Thanks

24 track likes this.

2. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    yes the Allparts TMO-V is .900 thick at the 1st fret .980 at the 12th... and 1 ⅝ wide at the nut.. if ordering a USACG, simply ask for similar metrics... Incidentally the USACG necks are among the finest available...

Ron Kirn

24 track likes this.

3. Slowisfast

Slowisfast TDPRI Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Mt. Rainier
    Thanks Ron.

And thanks for the document that you put together regarding building(the name escapes me). It really was very helpful.

I look forward to a USACGs build and to see the differences between them an All-Parts.

4. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    I think you will thoroughly enjoy it.. post some pix as ya progress.

rk

5. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Tele-Holic Ad Free + Supporter

Jun 17, 2008
    omaha
    I have a USACG fat/soft V tele neck with jumbo frets. It's tops!!!

I can't imagine not being pleased. They can make you one anyway you want it, just call them and tell them.

6. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

Nov 29, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Hi Ron, couldn't help but notice your post here since I'm in the market for a neck. What do you think makes USACG necks superior to, say, Musikraft or Allparts necks?

7. Ronkirn

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    that's easy... Tommy is my friend...

In all reality any of the better known necks are great.... I did say the USACG are AMONG the finest.... But since I've known Tommy since about 1980 . . and since he and I share a no BS philosophy .. there is no reason to explore alternative makers.

rk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.