Usa made gear

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Jared macneill, May 22, 2019.

1. Jared macneill

Jared macneill TDPRI Member

I want to see what American made stuff is hiding around. Here is my stuff a 1966 harmony rocket h45 ,my 1979 mesa mark 2a and my 1996 taylor 810 [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

telestratosonic likes this.
  2. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

I think this maybe this thread should be moved to another sub-forum. It doesn’t seem to fit the specific brand type club threads here. Plus, you’ve included your amp as well as your guitars, and made this about “gear,” not just guitars, so…

But whether or not it should be moved is a decision for one of the mods, not me.

And besides, I like the premise of your thread. I started out on Chicago made Harmony guitars: first one I plunked around on before I got real serious about it was my father’s 1961 Stella made by Harmony H929. Then, in late ’67 (or early ’68?) I began playing for hours every day on my Dad’s Harmony Archtone H1213. After I showed my father that I was in earnest about playing, he bought a Harmony H19 Silhouette electric.
    Stella H929 by Harmony, 1969 -1.jpg Harmony H1213 Archtone 1965 - 1.jpg harmony H19 Silhouette - 4.jpg

I remember those guitars fondly, but I don’t have any of them. The Stella and the Archtone were Dad’s guitars, not mine, and though he bought the Silhouette for me, since I didn’t pay for it or the amp, and because my younger brother also took up the guitar, I didn’t take it with me when I struck out on my own.

I’ve also had a variety of older, MiM (Made in Mississippi :twisted:) Peavey amps: Envoy 110s (teal stripe, silver stripe, red stripe), Studio Pro 110 (teal stripe) and 112 (silver stripe) and two 1980s vintage Bandits (a 65 and a 75). I sold a few and gave away a few, but meant to always have my 1984 Bandit 65. Sadly, it was stolen.
    My Peavey amps 2010, before the fire.JPG 100_0375.JPG Peavey Bandit 75, front.jpg 100_0370.JPG

Oh, I also had an American made Crate “Taxi” TX30, but it was lost in a house fire in 2010.
    P1010021.JPG

There's more, but I'm close to my limit on pics to post in a single reply, so, to be continued...

3. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

I try to buy American, for many reasons, but primarily because I want to support American workers, and I want to encourage the continuity of guitar making and guitar culture close to home. I dislike very much the way offshore companies, and (especially!) American companies take our musical traditions and replicate them cheaply elsewhere, where there has been no such tradition or industry. I'm perfectly happy buying foreign-made instruments when they're not just knockoffs of American originals. For instance, my best electric was made in Finland and has its own distinctive look.

scelestus likes this.
  4. scelestus

scelestus Tele-Meister

I agree! I don't want an American Marshall any more than I want an English Gibson.

I appreciate the imported varieties, too, but the point is that it's not protectionism for my country, but for the country of original production.

5. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

@Jared macneill before I continue, I want to thank you for this thread. In my adult life, I've owned close to a dozen guitars that were not made in America. Well, I had one that was made in Mexico, so North America, I guess, but not in the USA, as your thread title stipulates. (I also had a guitar built in Brazil, so South America, but again...) And I have currently have half a dozen amps, not made in the USA. So when I first saw this thread title, I was thinking my former and current guitars and amps had a lot of foreign, and felt a little down on myself. But recounting my arsenal past and present has reminded me that I've bought American a bunch of times.

So, to continue...Today I have 12 guitars, and half of my collection is American made. I have four teles made by Bob Logan of Logan Custom Guitars of Delafield, Wisconsin. And I have one of Bob’s tele style acoustic/electrics.
    My Logan Custom Tele family, with Vox Pathfinder 15Rs.jpg 06-04-2018 - My Logan Custom Family Portrait - 2.jpg

In the second pic above, Logan Customs L-R: "Firecaster"; BSB; acoustic/electric; "Logo" thinline; mahogany. They are arranged/hanging in the reverse order from which they were actually acquired. Their order from L-R in the first pic is in the order that they were acquired.

Mahogany solidbody, with a Birdseye maple neck & fretboard, amber tinted, gold appointments, Wilkinson pickups, including a P-90 in the neck position.
    My Logan Custom mahogany, 2008 - front.jpg

"Logo" thinline. So named for the cutout on the lower bout that approximates the script "L" of the brand name "Logan" on the headstock. A 1 piece maple neck, alder 3/8" veneers top & back on a pine core, finished in honey blonde. This guitar was Bob's prototype of his "Logo" thinlines, my wife and I had some input into some of its features.
    Logan Custom 'Logo' Thinline, 2009 Prototype - 1.jpg

Butterscotch Blonde Blackguard. Birdseye maple neck & board, Kluson split shaft tuners, amber tinted, swamp ash solidbody, DiMarzio Twang King pickups, Bob's stainless steel straight plate bridge plate, 4-way switch.
    My Logan Custom BSB, body - 1.jpg

"Firecaster." We had a house fire 9 years ago this month. In the demolition process of the rebuild, I salvaged as much of the lumber (construction grade Long Leaf Pine and Douglas Fir from 1930s) as I could. Some of it I sent to Bob, and he built this guitar for me (salvaged fire lumber + telecaster style = "Firecaster"). A 1 piece maple neck, Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups and Lawrence 5-way switching. Bob's stainless steel bridge plate, slanted alignment this time.
    My Logan Custom Firecaster, lower bout - 1.jpg My Logan Custom Firecaster, lower bout - 3.jpg

In the center of the second group pic above is my Logan Custom acoustic/electric tele style. Ash top, mahogany back, maple neck & board, Kluson split shaft tuners, Fishman electronics.
    01-09-2018 - Logan Custom acoustic-electric - 2.jpeg 01-09-2018 - Logan Custom acoustic-electric - 4.jpeg

I also have one of Bob’s Logan Custom Challengers, his own design. It's my only guitar with humbuckers.
    My Logan Custom Challenger, 12-22-2018 - 2.jpeg

6. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

CMG (Chris Mitchell Guitars) ASHLEE, made in Statesboro, Ga. I took a factory tour and found out my Ashlee (serial #00021) was completed on my birthday in 2013.

IMG_20190320_150315_kindlephoto-30355219.jpg

7. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

This is my 2015-16 American Special.

WP_20170622_16_03_15_Pro.jpg

8. Jared macneill

Jared macneill TDPRI Member

Some cool telecasters here . Mine is one I built but I’m in Canada but its made from Americans parts . Nothing from China lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. sardinista

sardinista TDPRI Member

I have only one amp (of five) and two guitars (of nine) that are NOT American-made. It isn’t so much the result of a conscious decision (I’m not a xenophobe or an American exceptionalist), but rather... well, that’s where the guitars and amps that I like are made. It isn’t such a rare thing, American-made gear.

10. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

No China for me either.

Jared macneill likes this.
  11. 6String69

6String69 TDPRI Member

905DBAD0-DC59-4006-A87D-89B7DB1075D3.jpeg F2AC7E41-936C-417F-8D9D-22968ED1421D.jpeg 797C324C-B9A6-4301-893E-533BACC9E023.jpeg

Toadtele likes this.
  12. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

There's no hiding US made stuff around a forum devoted to it....:lol:

DSCN0996.JPG

13. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

I’ve got a peavey classic chorus. An American standard strat and a les Paul. Bought them all before I was twenty. Oh and a Taylor. I think that’s it. I’d love it if all my gear was American made but to be honest I never thought too much about it until the last year or so

14. Toadtele

Toadtele Tele-Holic

A good counterthread would be to name all the countries you have gear that was made in. I’ve got crap from all over the place.

15. BwanaJim

BwanaJim TDPRI Member

A couple of my favorites. George Harrison and Jimmy Page Telecasters.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.