Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

UPS destroyed the Grand Prize Hahn Guitar -- claim denied!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by TDPRI, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Square

Red Square Friend of Leo's

Mar 30, 2008
    Atlanta

OR......we could all chip in $5-$10...the winner gets his guitar...and if Brown ever does pony up the bucks on the claim, everyone who contributed could have a chance at winning the guitar (built with whatever the claim would offer) and the illustrious builder would get even more business.

This way, at least for certain the winner gets a guitar out of all of this. He certainly deserves it.

Did any of this make sense??? It sort of does to me....I didn't explain it too well though....

2. pratteman

pratteman TDPRI Member

Oct 22, 2009
    St. Louis
    I saw this on another forum where I'm a member. So it is getting around. What a damn shame. This attitude of misrepresentation and indifference has to stop. The only was to hurt them is in the wallet. I'm done with UPS. Good luck on your lawsuit.

3. wirenut

wirenut TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2008
    ridgefield,ct.
    .....get some suits and give them their marching orders. How pathetic is this? I can't even imagine having to view their (UPS) Gorrilla's handywork...stomach turning for the builder and new owner for sure. Sorry this happens so much....adds a new meaning to the term "ship-shape"...scary and sad....Nut Out!

4. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2003
    WALTHAM MA
    Mis quoted

Hmmmm It appears I have been misquoted It's a better idea and much better than my original post.

Gary

5. corbeano

corbeano TDPRI Member

Dec 27, 2010
    South Central, MO
    Sorry to hear about this,, I had a post about UPS loosing my guitar purchased from Ebay. This just adds to the fire,, No more UPS for me. I wish you luck with the law suit.

6. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2007
    Bluesland, Texas
    FedEx for large items and USPS for the small ones for me.

UPS....for nothing.

7. mefgames

mefgames Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Oct 31, 2010
    North Bay, Ca
    I had a similar experience to Jack. I bought a Fender Jazz Fretless that was damaged by UPS, major chunk out of the finish and a but of the wood. They said they would pay for the body to be refinished. I took it to a local luthier who said it would be cheaper to start with a new body as opposed to stripping the old one. UPS agreed to the new body option and paid for it in full, including disassembly, finish, and reassembly. I also got to keep the old body. The bass was originally an MIM with a Japanese Neck, Bartolini pickups, and Badass bridge. So the upgrade from MIM body to a one piece alder was a plus.

Mike

Attached Files:

8. beatles1909

beatles1909 TDPRI Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    You guys are way too hard on UPS,
    I ordered a soft cover book once from amazon & it didn't get broken!!!!
    Just Kidding,

I hate UPS & will never use them, I read more horror stories about UPS then any other courier.

9. Stratavarious

Stratavarious Tele-Meister

Nov 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    +ah-gah-zillion

10. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 10, 2003
    White Mountains
    I just came Home and found a "Best Offer" on my Peavey Butcher - and it's only 25 bucks off my asking price....trouble is The Gentleman is in Oregon - and with this UPS fiasco with Insurance...I'm a little worried.
    I always ship "Insured" and always thought everything was covered.
    Now I'm thinking is it really worth shipping a Collector Quality 120 Watt Head 3000 miles if my "insurance" doesn't amount to snot....
    Suggestions and Ideas and Thoughts will be greatly appreciated Ladies & Gentlemen.
    -stan

11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

This is a bit of an insult, actually.

But I guess you meant no harm. :cool:

I don't like to see guys get so upset about UPS. It hurts, maybe because I worked there 35 years ago. After Katrina, UPS being UPS is just another day as far as I am concerned. But it IS time for UPS to stop all this "cost shifting" and coming up with "creative" ways to delay this day of judgment such as you suggest gives me a serious headache.

12. lckyjcky

lckyjcky Tele-Holic

Nov 28, 2009
    Southern California
    That's me. I worked at a UPS warehouse as a hubperson, loading and unloading in 1988 or 1989. It was a summer job, they were offering $10/hour, which at the time was a phenomenal pay. I even saw my teammate took a quick dump in the trailer we were loading.

I try not to use UPS, but sometimes there's no alternative. When I receive something via UPS, I always unpack OUTSIDE, never INSIDE while wearing a pair of PLASTIC GLOVES and a SURGICAL MASK. My neighbors think I'm weird but I don't care about that.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

13. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    I don't really see how it is an insult other than the fact that you used to work for UPS. I'd chip in $5-10 toward a pool that gives the raffle winner perhaps a new custom Hahn, I mean this site does have 58,000 members so only a small fraction would have to pony up. Then, if UPS ever does pay, then whoever chipped in is entered in a second raffle for something else. Where's the insult? :confused:

14. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 13, 2004
    Garden City, KS
    What can Brown do for you?

That USPS can't?

15. scantron81

scantron81 Tele-Afflicted

Apr 29, 2009
    Georgia
    Good luck to everyone involved. Remember the motivational words of Herman Blume in the movie Rushmore:
    "here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it..."

16. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

Was that a haiku?

17. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Late today we got some encouraging news from UPS. It appears that they will honor the insurance. It will take some time to sort it all out. But if I can believe the phone call I got then we'll see this resolved.

Thanks to everyone that helped. We appreciate it.

PS. The reason I'm not saying this is definitive is that the last time UPS called and said a check would be sent, the next day they called and said it wouldn't. So, I'm a "wait and see" kind of guy.

18. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Final Update -- UPS has officially changed their stance on this matter and is cutting us a check for the full amount of the insurance. We've worked out the matter with the Grand Prize Winner and this brings this issue to a close -- FINALLY!

Thanks to all here that helped us get this issue reconsidered and corrected.

All's well that ends well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.