Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Unsure Guitar Day: G&L Tribute Fallout

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by outsidetown, Aug 23, 2017.

1. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    if she didn't get played that much, and as you say it "is strange" to you, maybe doing a trade-in with a shop for a different guitar might be a way to deal with it, although you'll probably get more money selling it via CL/Ebay.

If it does not feel right, and if you're not playing it..... i would part with it for another "telecaster recipe" that looks like you are enjoying.

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

3. Henry Mars

Henry Mars Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2014
    Bucks Co. PA
    The only problems I have had with my G&L Tribute is set up. It needed some minor fret work. All of the other hardware is decent. I thought I might have to change the neck pick up but it turns out that the amp was kind of the problem. The only change I might make at this point is a new bone nut. In short it is a keeper. I wouldn't be too eager to unload the Fallout.
    Granted the resale value on the tributes might be less than desireable but I think they are better than the Mexican Fenders. I would keep it. I don't sell them anyway, I merely acquire them.

4. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    Having two different guitars that you play will help you appreciate what it is about your guitars that works for you. Guitar no.3 or any modifications you make to the first two will be so much better as a result.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.