Unable to register into the "My Les Paul" site

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by BlueEbenzer, Mar 12, 2019.

1. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

Hey,
    I'm sorry if I'm triggering anyone by bringing up Les Pauls on a Tele site, but hear me out:
    I've been trying to make an account on that site since last week, but each attempt is blocked, saying that I've been detected as a bot, which is infuriating, because this message comes under "Unable to register, please correct the following." How am I supposed to correct that, now?
    Before I left the site last week, I wrote to the site admins, telling them about my problems. The next day when i tried to visit the site, my IP address had been blocked. It's unblocked now, but I've still had no response from the team and I'm still unable to create an account for the same reason.
    I thought maybe it can get some attention if I post it here, under this forum, so one of the admins can see it. Since it says that the My Les Paul site is a sister site, hopefully an admin from here can do something about it.
    Thanks,
    Ray

2. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Friend of Leo's

Is it a sister site? I didn't think it was. I'm a member there but haven't logged on for a few years and have forgotten my password.
    It says you are 15yo. Maybe they have an age limit or something?
    Did you mention Slash tone a lot on there?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    DonM, Jim622 and BlueEbenzer like this.
  3. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Tele-Afflicted

It's probably because your ISP has been the source of a lot of "shenanigans" such as spam and/or bots.

4. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

But that's impossible, I've never done any such antics through this phone, or through any phone, for that matter.

5. draggindakota

draggindakota Tele-Meister

What you've done from your device has no bearing. It's the network your device is connecting to, that you are using to access the site. At my old employer our email would get blacklisted by our ISP at least a couple times a year because the hosting company was having issues with spammers and bots, so they blocked the entire ISP.

So, for whatever reason the ISP you use has been blacklisted by the site.

That being said, I don't see MLP in the list of sister sites...

omahaaudio and BlueEbenzer like this.
  6. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

xD No, I've never been on that site, registered, so I haven't posted things like that either.
    Yes, it is a sister site. I use TDPRI through my phone mostly, and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page the site shows an entire list of sister sites. Probably could be because of an age limit, but I'm pretty sure MLP has the same anti- profanity rules as TDPRI, so I see no reason for them to have an age restriction or even if they do, it shouldn't be more than 13+.
    BTW, I'm not that great fan of the Slash tone as much as I am of the Angus Tone or the Koss Tone ;)
    And LOL I dig that PFP

Chunkocaster likes this.
  7. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

Ah, so are you suggesting I try registering through my mobile data instead? I'll definitely try that.
    It is a sister site. If you click on the "Gibson-Talk Forum," it'll send you to MLP.

8. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

Back from trying to register through my mobile data. Still no worky and Error 401 again.

9. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Tele-Afflicted

It's not your phone, it's your Internet Service Provider.
    Then again, never mind.

BlueEbenzer likes this.
  10. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

I'll see if I can get it done through any other ISP, then, because like I said, it isn't happening through my mobile data, either.
    Thanks

11. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Seems like some time ago a member here mentioned MLP not letting him join, like they pick and choose members based on how snobbish they are or maybe how much they spend on gear each month.

I tried to join an even less classy guitar forum last fall and they had to think about it for a month before accepting me.

Sorry, no clue how they do it!

And yeah sorry, we can be snobs too...

BlueEbenzer likes this.
  12. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Holic

Sorry you can't get on. My Les Paul is a good site, particularly (obviously) re: Gibsons. I've had no problem registering, posting, etc. there. Hope you figure it out. As you doubtless know, My Les Paul and the Les Paul Forum are two different sites.

BlueEbenzer likes this.
  13. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

They might have an IP ban on India because of some past incidents, spammer or hackers, something like that.

You are free to discuss Les Pauls on here too, there is a section for guitars other than Telecasters and quite a few people on here have Les Pauls and are knowledgeable about them.

BlueEbenzer likes this.
  14. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

Thanks everyone for the replies.
    Hi, telemnemonics, I'm not snobbish at all when it comes to gear. My family isn't crazy rich, so I literally don't spend on anything except new strings. Even my electric is a second hand. And since I live in India, the $ to rupees conversion gets pretty high so even the slightly expensive American instruments are practically impossible to get.
    jrblue, yep, I do know the difference between My Les Paul and the Les Paul forum. I am on the Les Paul Forum but I want to join MLP because compared MLP (and even this site), the LPF is very inactive.
    radiocaster that's pretty possible. I'll try for a few months more and then I'll give up. Thanks for the offer. I won't be leaving TDPRI, and if I can't get in there I'll still probably post here instead of LPF. I love this community and the site is sort of special as my first guitar forum, too. And I love teles, too. Once I tackle past the LP build I'm planning to do, I'm going for a tele build.

15. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

We seem to hear more comments about snobbery on the MLP forum than others, maybe just because LPs are basically triple the price of Strats and Teles, or maybe because of the PAF wars where the well funded and highly obsessed pay as much for a set of pickups as we pay for a whole Fender guitar.

But snobbery is a big part of the guitar forum community, especially if you include the claims like "My Squier is better than your CS Fender".

But we are all different here and some love Tokai or Squier while others get what they need from Fenders Custom Shop.

I love the Japanese made Tokai stuff, and I have a real Gibson LP but it's one that snobs say sucks, plus it was a lot cheaper than a good Tokai LP copy.

FWIW the current production Gibson PAF replicas can be bought cheap on the used market if you take advantage of the snobbery that generally says Burstbuckers suck.

Buyers of brand new LP Standards take out Burstbukers without even trying them first, and you can find used ones with the protective plastic still in place.
    This is all funny and we mostly laugh collectively, so snobbery isn't really a huge moral horror.
    Not sure if your culture might hold snobbery as more offensive, just for the sake of online discussion we need to take seemingly personal attacks about our gear choices as joking around.

Nice to have you here!
    Some members actually prefer a LP and don't even own a Tele, so you should fit right in no matter what you prefer...

BlueEbenzer likes this.
  16. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I read their site occasionally, but I'm not a member. Because I don't own any Gibsons, ha ha ha.

BlueEbenzer likes this.
  17. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

Snobbery is bearable to me, haha. I have plenty of snobbish people running around me, and it's pretty obvious that the MLP community has them because they're one of the most expensive guitars.
    Same, I really love the Japanese Tokai, too.
    FYI, if things had been different, there would have been a production unit of guitars here in India, too. Indian labour is actually pretty good, believe it or not. I own a Xiaomi phone, which is a Chinese brand, but all of their production has moved to India. It's quality stuff.
    I know that for a fact because my dad owns a company (the only company in India also lol the company has my name on it) that makes djembes, these African drums. It's very rare that people know of these, do don't feel bad if you haven't heard of them before. When I was a kid my family had gone to China because my dad was planning to start a guitar production unit in the factory too. He had gone to visit Epiphone's factory. But sadly that couldn't happen for a few reasons I don't know still. And while my dad had gone to visit Epiphone, he was planning to go for Strats, probably, because to this day there are a few FENDER Olympic White finish Strats with one piece Maple necks lying around in the dust... When it was time for me to shop for an electric guitar I asked my dad if I could just pick one from those, but all of them had been warped beyond repair :(
    Lol I think this was way more than anyone wanted to know, sorry :p

telemnemonics likes this.
  18. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Tele-Afflicted

I left that site after about six weeks. I've never left any other forum, even after 24 years. Les Paul Forum, and Everything SG are superior folks and admins imo.

BlueEbenzer likes this.
  19. BlueEbenzer

BlueEbenzer TDPRI Member

Well, I'll see. I'll most probably be better off over here.
    MLP probably be like Kool Kids Klub xDD

20. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Tele-Afflicted

Snobbery, arrogance, childishness, deception - from a moderator who knew not of what he spoke. Hope you have better luck.

BlueEbenzer likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.