Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ugly cars you find oddly appealing

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steve Ouimette, Aug 3, 2017.

1. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I had 2 1963 Dodge Dart rag tops. They werent pretty, but still cool in all its fugliness.

Doghouse_Riley likes this.

2. Flyinlow

Flyinlow Tele-Meister

Feb 9, 2017
    NE Indiana
    My first car was a '65 Dart. Almost the same exact story. :cool:

3. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Tele-Afflicted

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    My mother recently sold her XB. :(

I loved driving that car when I visited her. Now that it's gone, I may not visit anymore.

[just kidding]

Steve Ouimette likes this.

4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    How our opinions change over time. There was a time when I wouldn't have walked across the street for bathtub Porsche.

Now I'd kill for one.

Toto'sDad and nojazzhere like this.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    I want to "LIKE" this a thousand times!!!!! Back in the sixties, I would actually (but rarely) see one of these on the street. Even the name "Avanti" conjured up images of European sophistication and romance. As I understand, though, they were dogs....sluggish and unreliable. Damn sure looked good, though....

Toto'sDad likes this.

6. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Actually the Kuebelwagen came first. Then the amphibian Schwimmwagen. They also made a armored car version.

Attached Files:

Felino and radiocaster like this.

7. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2016
    L.A.
    There was an AMX for sale near my house; for years it sat with the for sale sign on it and I'd think, "hmmm..." Then one day it was gone never to return. Same story for a Plymouth Satellite next door to my office. But it's for the best. I probably would have lost my Driver's License in the first year of owning it (like when I got my old Ninja 900).:eek:

Buckocaster51 likes this.

8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    When I was much younger, and thought I might fit in one of those, my wife and I went and looked at a nearly new one advertised in the paper at Jim Burke Ford here in California. I was GOING to test drive it, only to find that while Mrs. TD jumped right into the passenger (going whew oh goody) seat, I simply would not fit in the drivers side. I wondered why the guy had traded it in on a FORD of all things, but I think I figured out why he did, he could actually drive the Ford. I hate it when a long time goal runs head on into practicality!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    william tele likes this.

9. Penguinchit

Penguinchit TDPRI Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Minneapolis
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Ugly? Or cool as all get out? You decide.

[​IMG]

Honest Charley likes this.

11. fenderrookie

fenderrookie A fan of Leo! Ad Free + Supporter

Jul 12, 2005
    east of East St Louis

12. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

Aug 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I've actually had 2 XB's. Currently I have a "newer" 2012 model and my wife kept my '05 original black box. It's a tin can for sure but it had an odd charm to it, plus the best visibiity in any car. Ever. The newer model is a bit more refined but feels cheesy in a bad way compared to the good cheese of the original. My wife is in love with it but knows one day it will need to be replaced. Most likely with a Mini.

13. mcknigs

mcknigs Tele-Meister

Apr 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA
    A couple movies I've seen (e.g., "Waynes World") tried to make the Pacer sort of ironic-cool. My feelings about them are colored by having to deal with all the problems my wife and sister had with theirs, back in the day. :)

14. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    TheletterJ likes this.

15. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    These cars have got a proper "face". When I was a small child I used to car spot (hey there was NOTHING else to do on long trips) so I used to notice cars with "faces".

16. mcknigs

mcknigs Tele-Meister

Apr 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA
    My first car was the predecessor of the B210 - the 1200. The fastback version was not too different looking than the fastback B210. I had the sedan in the same color as in this ad:

[​IMG]

4 Cat Slim likes this.

17. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK

Sorry, that doesn't count. Can't be Jolie Laide. How could not be pure beauty?

Honest Charley likes this.

18. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    It certainly wears it's ugliness on its sleeve...

19. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2016
    L.A.
    You made me have to look up "Jolie Laide". :lol:

grooveiron likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.