Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ugliest guitar I've ever seen

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by SSL9000J, Jun 13, 2018.

1. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Friend of Leo's

Dec 21, 2004
    central ky
    Serialkillercaster

2. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    Don't wanna sound disrespectful but I find steampunk to be total bs

Ok in films to suggest a silly alternative future, but in real life I feel sombre about the wasted effort

hemingway and smartsoul72 like this.
  3. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    I sure would think twice about taking it to a blues jam, where I would be laughed off the stage before playing a note. Reminds me of a child's lunchbox.

4. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 14, 2012
    London, UK
    My problem with all the steampunk stuff is that it takes items that were ruggedly functional and then puts them in a context where they are no longer functional.

All those cogs and springs look as though they should be doing something. They should have a job. They should kick some mechanical functional butt and look great doing it. But they don't. They just look sad because they have nothing to do but hang around some poser's neck.

So the whole thing, to my eye, is just dishonest. It looks tough, practical, and functional. But it's just a pose.

Now I don't mind a bit of a pose. But please don't make nuts, bolts, and cogs look cissy in the process.

Won't someone please think of the cogs!!

It's early and I'm only one cup of coffee in. So if you're an over-sensitive steampunk, blah blah blah suck it up and be tough, like one of your cogs.

Piggy Stu likes this.
  5. stratclub

stratclub Tele-Meister

Mar 15, 2018
    PNW
    Art having no other purpose that being art is usually pointless. If I designed something as stupid looking as what the OP posted or this, I would figure maybe it's time to quite huffing Nitrous Oxide or taking what ever substance I was taking before I get fitted with a straight jacket.

[​IMG]

6. Matt G

Matt G Tele-Holic

Dec 6, 2012
    Australia
    That's a solution to a problem nobody ever had.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.