Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by loopy reed, Feb 25, 2017.
Long drill bit
I was kinda iffy on it at first but I think it looks good with the pickups! Balances out the mass.
in my experience, braided ground wire works much better to make the contact. Solid core can also cause a tolerance issue and leave things out of wack. If you spread the braided wire out a bit, it will make better contact with the bridge (more surface area) and cause less interference, so the bridge will lay flatter.
Couple more coats of shellac on top just to be absolutely sure everything is filled and level before primer and color
Color? Don't do it. Wait, is this for someone else? Show them a pic of the current.
While the shellac is drying, I just wanna give a quick shout-out to my assistant Brenda.
She’s a feral cat that we trapped and had fixed so we don’t have such a big kitten problem this year. She pretty much lives on our porch and will occasionally bring us a mouse. She’s been hanging with me for most of this build.
Already tried! He’s set on seafoam. I can always build another one for myself later...maybe that one will be cherry red...
Careful, she might be working for Yeknom.
Ooooo, evil double post iPhone bug...
I’m setting up a spot to paint in my garage due to a bunch of little red bugs being very attracted to the white guitar
Brenda is not doing her job!
Sweet bridge, they make a 5 string version I hope. So much want.
Looks like they do!
So here’s my approach today.
After shooting some primer yesterday, I noticed there were a lot of weird spots where some grain wasn’t completely filled, or the shellac had sort of crackled, stuff like that.
So what I did was spray a gray filler over the white and wet-sand with 400 until I could see the trouble spots, like this:
This may be going a little overboard, but I want to do very little sanding after the color and clear go on.
All I want is perfection, that’s all.
For whatever reason the top was in much better shape than the back, so I skipped the filler step and sanded off most of the primer. It’s like a really bad TV white finish.
Another heavy coat of primer all around. Looking much better now.
I’ll probably do two more just so it’s even, then start on the color.
While that’s drying I wanna give a quick shout out to my main assistant, Lemon.
Her job is to make sure the couch doesn’t float away, to monitor the air conditioning, and let me know what I missed on the newest season of Arrested Development.
She is also my lead Nap Engineer.
Getting some clear on it today. This is maybe 4 light coats, since humidity here is about 55% I’m taking it really slow to avoid blushing.
I’ve also developed a two-handed system for the bug issue. I spray with the right, and with the left I keep a can of compressed air ready to gently suggest the little brownish red flying bugs find somewhere else to land. It’s working pretty well so far.