Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Two Cubes Better Than One?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by classicplayer, Mar 6, 2012.

1. classicplayer

classicplayer Tele-Meister

I have been using a Roland Cube 20X with my guitars and really have taken to the amps tones.....good with humbuckers and single coils. The only minute problem is that the speaker in the 20X is very directional, probably true of many amps these days. I got to thinking that running a second 20X would help solve the directional problem with the single speaker. Am I thinking correctly?How would I run two? Would I be able to slave one or do I have to use a splitter or A/B box? I used to run to Peavey amps years ago with a Boss Stereo Chorus, but do not really employ chorus effects these days.

Classicplayer

2. aniss1001

aniss1001 Tele-Meister

I have heard of folks using 2 Cube30s and getting really nice results with this. And generally using to amps in stereo adds a whole new dimension to ones sound. Especially when used with a stereo reverb/delay/chorus.

Sorry I can't be of much more help than that...

3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied

On the whole, I thought larger speakers were more directional, in their higher frequencies. Anybody know the science behind this?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

Two amps nearly always sound better than one, as long as you get the phasing worked out.

6. classicplayer

classicplayer Tele-Meister

Perhaps they are. The 20X has an 8" speaker and unless one is directly in front of the cone, the highs just cannot be heard; that is at practice volumes in small room. My practice room is about 12' x 12'.

Classicplayer

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.