Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tweedecaster!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by jvc, Mar 22, 2003.

1. jvc

jvc Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    SOCAL
    Check out this cool, but pricey "Tweedecaster" Ebay item #2517904899. Sorry, my linker ain't workin. jvc

2. TeleGeir

TeleGeir Tele-Afflicted

Mar 8, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    Tweedecaster

Yep, that is quite cool. Don't think it will sell, though, at 1800 BIN with no bidding option. It may very well be worth 1800, for all I know, but eBay is funny that way. And this is just the name of the game with luthier instruments, they cost far more than they're "worth", from a pure innvestment standpoint. I do not expect to get my money back if ever I sell my Tuxedo Thinline...

Of course, I might be wrong about it not selling. If this Paul Stroh s a renowned luthier, and someone out there has been looking at buying one of his guitars anyway, this might be a good option. But I would guess that the odds are against it. And as others have noted, a high minimum only serves to scare off potential buyers. Of course, if you cannot justify selling at a lower price, a reserve is neccessary, but that is part of the eBay gamble. You trade potential for security.

Geir :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.