Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tweed hard case repairs?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Telecentric, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Telecentric

Telecentric Tele-Meister

Nov 23, 2016
    Boulder Creek, Ca
    Didn't know where else to post this.

Anyone ever had a vintage case that needed to be repaired? I have one with a broken metal standoff/bumper (that the case sits on when set down but in vertical position) and a couple of other issues. I suppose I can use some hardware store parts if I have to, but surely there is someone who does this and has parts?

2. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    I think you can find parts like feet or hinges that will work.. You may have to get creative on some things. Like: is the case broken where the foot came off or just the foot came off?

Telecentric likes this.
  3. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 10, 2014
    Philadelphia, PA
    If it's truly vintage, fixing it could hurt the value...

4. Ben Bishop

Ben Bishop Tele-Meister

Mar 4, 2010
    Victoria, BC
    Every city or town with airline service has a luggage repair place, often several. If they've been in business a while they'll have all kinds of locks and clasps and wheels and little chrome thingies that luggage sits on.

5. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Do a internet search for luggage hardware...

6. NilsZippo

NilsZippo TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Austin
    On a few occasions, I’ve used the cobbler at the local shoe hospital to repair a couple of pieces of some great old Samsonite luggage I inherited.

7. CCK1

CCK1 TDPRI Member

Jan 23, 2018
    North Georgia
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.