Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Twanger Central Weekly Backing Track #61

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Tyrone Shuz, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Tyrone Shuz

Tyrone Shuz TDPRI Member

May 6, 2005

Funkified version of The Preacher, 4x thru with a tag (2x) ending, key of F. I did this on my ipad Garage Band. I tapped out the bass and the keys and used one of their session drummers, and played rhythm guitar.

2. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    No download function?

3. Tyrone Shuz

Tyrone Shuz TDPRI Member

May 6, 2005
    It's the symbol 4 to the right of the heart, right below where it says "write a comment"

4. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    Still not seeing it. Did you go to "Edit" (shaped like a pencil) then open tab "Permissions" and check "Downloadable"?

Mellencaster likes this.

5. Tyrone Shuz

Tyrone Shuz TDPRI Member

May 6, 2005
    Should be fixed now.

6. pauljo1963

pauljo1963 Tele-Holic

Jul 28, 2010
    Melbourne Australia

7. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood

8. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    This somehow was not in my comfort zone. Hope you have a little fun with it, though.

telleutelleme, Mjark, estreet and 2 others like this.

9. Tyrone Shuz

Tyrone Shuz TDPRI Member

May 6, 2005
    Wow great effort! You really tried to delve into the changes and make your phrases count. Great laid-back timing. This sort of thing could reach your comfort zone with a tweak here and there, and a little woodshedding.

And it seems NO ONE had more fun doing this than Telefunken! He just let it rip and didn't take his foot off the gas the entire ride!

udoering and telefunken like this.

10. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Yeah, Telefunken transformed it into the Rock Preacher!

telefunken likes this.

11. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    Now this is how it's done. Great job!

12. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    My interpretation and honestly, I have no idea what I was going for on this .I also tried with out a pick for a change and I think I was a little slow on the finger picking vs the fretting hand .

13. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    telefunken That's one rocking track and the hi gain went well with this track . I liked those fast runs .Nice!

udoering Love your clean tones . It sure didn't reflect on your playing for being out your comfort zone , that's a really good take ,especially when the second guitar kicked in , my favorite section.

estreet Man ,you always keep your track very interesting . I really enjoyed the usage of the multiple effects and sweet playing too!

telefunken likes this.

14. Tyrone Shuz

Tyrone Shuz TDPRI Member

May 6, 2005

Here's mine. 1st take on the solo. I did a second, but stuck with the first, minor warts and all. It's about the feel on this one.

15. Tyrone Shuz

Tyrone Shuz TDPRI Member

May 6, 2005
    The only one I didn't like was the third pass through. Once you turned the distortion on stun you stopped paying attention, but the 4th time is much more tuneful with about an equal amount of gain. Some nice lines in here, and I dug the wah section too!

16. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK
    @Tyrone Shuz I deliberately took it away from the major key a bit on the third pass for a contrasting and more rockist section .. maybe that didn't work but it wasn't just a lazy lapse into the blues scale haha! Is that a clean sound mixed with a dirty sound on the middle bit of yours? Interesting. Love that motif you use on the outro too

17. Tyrone Shuz

Tyrone Shuz TDPRI Member

May 6, 2005
    I used a different track for the solo which is dirty (turned out much dirtier in the mix than when I laid it, likely due to mastering compression). The outtro is really just part of the tune, I'd love to take credit, but that's the actual melody of the tune! And I thought that may have been what you were doing--for me, I'd find a way to rock it out but still cover the changes I suppose. You could hit some raised 9's on a couple of the chords and get a harsher feel but still find the chords in there. But hey, it's subjective and only my humble opinion.

18. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @estreet : a nice mix of guitar tones and playing styles, but I am definitely a fan of the first clean guitar!

@Mellencaster : solid work and a good guitar sound. I especially like the second verse. So I was not alone with the question what to do with this track?

@Tyrone Shuz : let me ask a stupid question: is the first clean section the original melody? Sounds familiar, but -again - I don´t know the original. Your playing is always stunning to me.

Mellencaster likes this.

19. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Tyrone Shuz Very enjoyable from start to end .

Also thanks for recording and posting this week track , I had fun with it.:cool:

Tyrone Shuz likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.