Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Twanger Backing Track Challenge 162 - Rock & Roll

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    G-52 The bt is a little low in the mix but a nice use of 3rds and 6ths and that sigh at the end still caught me off guard , I laugh when I heard it :)

G-52 likes this.
  2. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    - 50's rockabilly feel to your lines!

- Nice slide.

- Nice double stops.

G-52 likes this.
  3. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @G-52 : Mike´s right again. Lovely country-style-playing along the bt. You have a beautiful characteristic clean sound.

G-52 likes this.
  4. MrClint

MrClint TDPRI Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    This is my first plunge into Rockabilly, which seems odd for a dude that owns a Gretsch, and who loves the Gretsch sound, but that's what we have here. This backing track was a real toe tapper, and great fun to play over! Looking forward to hearing everyone's track now.

5. MrClint

MrClint TDPRI Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    I thought it was interesting to hear all the different approaches to the intro. Just straight up fun this one was!

@Wayfaring Pilgrim you rocked the EF outta that S. Nice face melting.

@udoering super tasty chops as usual, and they sat perfectly in the mix. Stellar as always.

@Mellencaster you nailed it. Had me totally rocking all the way, with great blues overtones. Sweet!

@Mjark you had me from the 60 cycle hum beginning. There’s something organic about that sound. You took the melody to a very nice place. Great listen!

@estreet those are some next level great chops (again) for this track. Man you better sleep with one eye open, someone might try to steal yours hands in the middle of the night. Flawless playing, great tone!

@JCL50 nice 50’s sound. A lot of good phrases in there. Great twang!

@bgmacaw cool take with the slide. I want some pineapple now. Nice work!

@G-52 your take had a nice dreamlike quality. I really enjoyed your offering.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  6. G-52

G-52 Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2017
    Denver, Co
    @Wayfaring Pilgrim - crowd goes wild, nice!
    @udoering - lots of interesting phrasing; descending thirds, triplets, major minor mix. Sounding good:)
    @Mellencaster - tone was spot on. Boogie and blues, one of your best I think, really well played
    @Mjark - nice melodic take without being overdone.
    @JCL50 - enjoyable thoroughout; awesome tele lead guitar with some cool rhythm:)
    @bgmacaw - how about them apples?! I enjoyed the slide and the show:)
    @estreet - beautiful rockabilly playing! Nice strong melody throughout. I would like to see some pics of that tele:)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    MrClint I really like this take of yours .Sweet melody and a lovely tone.

MrClint likes this.
  8. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    This!

9. montemerrick

montemerrick Tele-Meister

i'm sure this is downright affronting... ugh... i haven't listened (couldn't face it) so if its horrible, you're on your own... my apologies in advance.

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    montemerrick Appologies are not required here and I see you've got a listening partner of the furry kind behind you. The lines that caught my attention the most are the intro ,00:45, 1:31 ,2:05 other than that it was a fine take Monty.

11. estreet

estreet Tele-Meister

Jan 10, 2013
    Southern UK

MrClint, G-52 and Mellencaster like this.
  12. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    @montemerrick : this might not be your best track up so far, but there sweet lines in it fo sure; the opening, for example, was really good; an interesting note choice. See, I rarely post tracks which are one shots; in most cases there are a lot of trials, adding parts of different length and short overdubs; so, respect for everyone who posts one shots captured on videos.

G-52 likes this.
  13. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Ehehe...eh well....got alittle anarchistic on this one....maybe the title will give it away?

Mjark, JCL50, Mellencaster and 2 others like this.
  14. MrClint

MrClint TDPRI Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Lake Balboa CA
    @NWinther , super tasty chops in there. Awesome 1/8 note picking tied to some scorching runs. Interesting ending. Great stuff!

NWinther likes this.
  15. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Bluesrock at it´s best with swift fingers! And yes, there are anarchistic moments; the ending reminds me of "smashing the amps" :)

NWinther likes this.
  16. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    @NWintherYou went all Brian Setzer and maybe a little Hendrix at the end :D .Fast and loose playing and very cool Niels!

NWinther likes this.
  17. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Jul 16, 2007
    Denmark Solbjerg.
    Thanks...was not sure if I would post it though...haha

@Wayfaring Pilgrim nice rock'n'roll feel from this, love the down to earth tones!!
    @udoering swampy take, dig that southern style!!
    @Mellencaster sweet tone and blue playing! Nice juicy sounds!
    @Mjark nice laidback feel and sweet strat bite!
    @estreet supersweet Tele playing!!
    @JCL50 cool low-fi tones, really dig the spacious sounds and playing!
    @bgmacaw love the steel like take with the slide, super cool!
    @G-52 very nice feel from this one, dig that tone!!
    @MrClint nice and melodic take...like that panning!
    @montemerrick alittle difficult to hear all of it, but I like what I heard...and the kitty seemed to dig it :)

18. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Was really trying to get it in before a new challenge was posted but I see I missed it. Well at any rate this was a fun one not sure I got what I was going after but I had enough time to pick up a guitar again and figured who better to hang out with and play with than you guys.

19. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Sorry for being late with listening; anyhow, a lovely track! I really dig that slightly aggressive, bluesrock guitar!

20. cyprussid

cyprussid TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    UK
    Great RockaBilly feel love the smooth playing

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.