Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tuners and Tremolo question? (goth and hipshot)

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by aclawrence, Oct 12, 2017.

1. aclawrence

aclawrence TDPRI Member

Nov 29, 2015
    NW Alabama
    Hey guys, I've had a 99' American Standard Strat that I really haven't bonded with until I recently switched out all the pickups and electronics in. I'm really starting to enjoy this guitar a lot more and would like to upgrade the tuners and tremolo also. I have never liked the trem on this guitar since i'm so used to playing my PRS all the time. I really like the looks of the hipshot contour tremolo and am considering trying one out. Do any of you have any feedback on the tremolo? Also I'm looking at some Gotoh tuners. I was looking at the 510, but they have so many different variations and I can't find hardly any youtube vids on them. It looks like that have locking tuners and non locking. I mostly used the bar for subtle vibrato stuff and a little Jeff Beckish style stuff. I would love any feedback or recommendations ya'll have. Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.