Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tub to Shower conversion

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Kirchensfan, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Kirchensfan

Kirchensfan Telefied Silver Supporter

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    I'm looking for any advice on quality brands and materials to convert to a walk in shower. Looking for base and 3 walls, (can't do a one piece) to replace current tub. Thanks.

2. rigatele

rigatele Tele-Holic

Apr 20, 2014
    Ontario

3. Kirchensfan

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    No. I was looking at the kits, fiberglass or acrylic finish like the ones in Lowes or Home Depot. But was wondering about durability of these kits.

4. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Holic

Jul 26, 2010
    Louisville,KY
    A lot will depend on the budget you have to work with. When we remodeled our old house a few years ago we did just what you are wanting to do. We ended up using cultured marble,you can choose colors and it looks great, and easy to keep clean. Our shower remodel was pricey but it was way bigger by several inches all around,the shower,the glass shower door and new fixtures ended up being a bit over $5000.00.

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana

6. Kirchensfan

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    Budget is for about $1000-1500 in materials. It's a 2nd bath, daily use, plain and easy to clean. Similar to this as an example aaaaaaimg7-opt.png

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    drf64 likes this.

7. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    ^^^^ That.

I don't see what the question is ?

Good support everywhere beneath that stuff though.

Especially the floor/pan.

I do tile for a living but realize there is a time and place for these units.

8. Kirchensfan

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    I had asked about quality materials for a tub replacement project, fiberglass, acrylic etc. to the example I'd add safety rails, glass doors, maybe a folding seat,

9. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    The quality of the one piece unit obviously is important but so is the re-plumb. New mixers, ball valve shutoffs and proper new floor drain.

10. schmee

schmee Tele-Afflicted

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    Some are cheap and very flexible. Get a good quality fiberglass type if you can. (thicker) I guess you dont want to keep the tub and just add a surround for ease of getting in? I hate sliding doors. The black stuff grows great in the door track.

11. Kirchensfan

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    Yeah I was wondering if anyone with a shower/no tub set up had some manufacturers they'd recommend for well made. Our Master bath has this plus a soaking tub, (that's HER bath, lol) this second/guest bath is the one I use and will have to keep clean. Tom Waitts was right, "Beet off without a wife" ...don't ever tell her I even joked about that !

12. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

I’m guessing that’s a typo or maybe the work of autocorrect. Just a guess though... unless this is really the reason the op is putting in his own shower.

Frontman likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.