Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Truss Rod Tool for a Peavey Foundation S

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Lane in MS, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Lane in MS

Lane in MS Tele-Meister

Anyone have a good source? Or a spare? I just can't quite seem to fit a socket in there, and the neck waaaaay needs adjustment. No local shop around to do a real setup, and I can never remember to take it when I go to the next town over.

Any recommendations?

2. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I'd contact Peavey! I understand that they have a pretty good customer service department, and heck, they're only about 60 miles from you...

Cheers, Tim

3. Al Nico

Al Nico Tele-Meister

If it's the same as the regular 80s era Foundation, it's a 5/16" hex acorn nut. The access hole is too narrow for a normal socket bit, but those REALLY cheap stamped metal (hollow) hex key sets from Walmart and other such stores would work. The also have extra long and narrow socket sets at home depot that are little more thin-walled - that's what I used on my Foundation.

FWIW, the Peavey tool IS a version of the cheap stamped metal hex key.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Chito

Chito Tele-Meister

I ordered mine from Peavey. In fact since I just adjusted the truss rod of my foundation, I have it right beside me here. The item number is 75031006 and they charged me $5.00 for it.

6. Dave W

Dave W Friend of Leo's

If it's a 5/16" nut, that's the same as a Gibson. It's a thinwall socket that looks similar to this. If you can't find one at a local music store, look for a 5/16" thinwall nut driver at a hardware store or home center.

7. gogirlguitars

gogirlguitars Tele-Holic

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.