Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Troublemaker

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 6stringcowboy, Jul 10, 2018.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    not my thing, especially at 2 grand

2. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    I saw one in a guitar shop the other evening but didn't get chance to play it. Cosmetically, I like it - though I'm not sure whether that will translate into ergonomics. I'm going through a P-90 phase, just now, and I could fancy one with a pair of P-90s or, maybe, a P-90 at the neck and a Humbucker at the bridge.

If I had £1,600-1,700 I probably wouldn't spend it on one of these, though.

3. davidos

davidos TDPRI Member

Sep 8, 2008
    new york
    I think the sunburst one looks cool....

4. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

Jan 15, 2011
    France
  5. balston11

balston11 Tele-Meister

Sep 22, 2014
    Preston UK
    Just got the email myself. Looks really good but not for me at that price.

6. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England
    If I was going for an HH Tele, this Player would be my choice-at a quarter of the cost of the above. Coil split and belly contour:
    [​IMG]

horax, Random1643, Teleguy61 and 5 others like this.
  7. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Meister

Jan 30, 2015
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    What ? ? ?​
    [​IMG]
    ADJUSTO-MATIC BRIDGE WITH
    VINTAGE-STYLE TREMOLO

Kriticaster, horax, Crobbins and 3 others like this.
  8. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2007
    Exeter, England
    Yes, it's the new, non-invasive, Invis-o-sonic vibrato. All you need is your imagination and you're good.

9. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Holic

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    I like it - wouldnt buy it, but as a Thinline player from the olden days, I like it.

Those PUs are very interesting. The originals had a lot of sweet highs reminiscent of Albert Collins. A bigsby would be cool on this.

10. PinewoodRo

PinewoodRo Tele-Afflicted

For me it has too many knobs and a switch in the wrong place.....

nojazzhere and ukepicker like this.
  11. Old Tele Hack

Old Tele Hack Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    The Strat headstock is a turn-off for me. The pickup configuration and switching might work well, but, on a tele body? A strat headstock seems to be too bulky.

boris bubbanov and nojazzhere like this.
  12. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    I like it. It's cool looking. I won't be buying one.

13. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  14. DeVilleDude

DeVilleDude Tele-Holic

I'll wait for the Squire version. I'm a buyer if the neck is beefier than the US model.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    horax, Fiesta Red and bgmacaw like this.
  15. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

Obviously they are going after the LP guys and so they would do better with 'look like humbuckers' as the wide-range-like covers may give that segment pause. The other oddity is the 'skinny 60s neck' noted by J5 in the video, if going after the LP vibe then maybe more chunk.

The color and binding look fantastic. A maple fretboard would be better. Thin neck and pricing is not for me.

JayFreddy likes this.
  16. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I have an SG and use the individual volume controls to adjust the blend. I prefer the more typical Trlecastrr headstock. I'm OK with the rosewood neck but I don't like the knobs and guard. For me, knurled or black knobs with a black guard. What are the pickups? Can they be split? This one is a definite maybe.

17. beninma

beninma Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I think it looks cool and I could see myself one day wanting a humbucker guitar and I'd be fine to stick with a Tele shaped body.

But I'd probably rather buy one that had a traditional Tele body, fender style bride and controls, etc.. that just happened to have these pickups.

The whole Les Paul style Mahogany + Maple cap and odd/rare hardware (for a fender) causing the price to skyrocket don't really appeal to me.

18. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 11, 2015
    Upper Midwest
    I like the look, altho the "Troublemaker" marketing hook doesn't really fit the vibe - looks more like the guy in the khaki slacks, sweater vest and bowtie who shows up at the meth lab house party.

Can John 5 play the guitar? Boy Howdy.

+1 maple fretboard.

ndcaster, chemobrain and Frozensoda like this.
  19. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    As mentioned before - these Parallel Universe models are USA with the nitro lacquer finish, so you would expect them to be close to $2K based on the prices of the American Original models. Would I buy this one? Probably not - but it is a cool mash-up of Gibson and Fender features, taking the American Professional Tele Deluxe Shawbucker further into LP territory. Plus the price of the American Professional Tele Deluxe Shawbucker is already $1,400-$1,500 (depending on the body wood and fingerboard wood) so adding say $450 for the maple cap, nitro finish, and adjusted hardware isn't a huge stretch. Beside, who really pays MAP for a Fender anyway?:D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.