Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Triple Telecaster Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Corgitodd, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    Funny, I wish it was a little fatter but I don't like the itty bitty "vintage" frets. I prefer a medium fret size.

2. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    I don't dislike the neck. I have taken the magic eraser to the back if it, now the glossy poly finish has lost its stickiness.

3. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I am out of the club my friends. Got traded away yesterday...

I'm glad I did not take it apart, came close too... I wanted to put the neck on a lite ash complete body laying about here, but them tiny frets make me work too hard anyway...

So my hang tag new TT 7.4 lber got traded for a 7.3lb Gibson Studio 2008 Vintage Mahog with BurstBucker Pros and a hardshell case. Some nicks and scrapes and was very dirty on the fretboard. But the dirty part was easy to fix. ;)

2008 Studio.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017

4. 28Gauge

28Gauge TDPRI Member

Dec 25, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    I am waiting to hear back from WD Music on my aged pearl W/B/W pickguard. I really like the Triple Tele and plan to hang on to it.

AngelDeville and ultra80096 like this.

5. Mike Simpson

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    Are you going with "yellow aged" or "mint aged" ?

Here is a pic of my mint pearl

tripleT.jpg

JayFreddy, horax, irie and 1 other person like this.

6. 28Gauge

28Gauge TDPRI Member

Dec 25, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    That looks great!!! The one that I ordered looks a little bit on the cream/yellow side. I didn't know that there was a "mint aged" option.

AngelDeville likes this.

7. Mike Simpson

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    I ordered the mint pearl pickguard material and made it myself.

8. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    JayFreddy likes this.

9. screefer

screefer Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Feb 28, 2016
    kildonan
    Esteemed members, Check out this fellow on a Triple....
    Does he start with the B&M and then go to the N or what?
    Cheers

PixMix likes this.

10. fender_freak

fender_freak Tele-Meister

Jul 13, 2017
    La Crosse, WI
    Yep exactly that!

Didn't see this thread, got mine back in August. Just another stock one. Only thing I've done is Scotchbrite the neck and that made a huge difference. Plays great. Kinda don't like the vintage frets but I'm not sure I'd like medium jumbos either, so it's cool as is. Very bright and snappy.

11. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Holic

Feb 1, 2016
    Jefferson City, MO
    I picked one up recently too. Really nice guitar for the price. I’m still getting used to the vintage frets, and the middle (bridge) pickup is right where my pick wants to be, so I may have to drop it a bit just to get it out of my way. Plays and sounds great though.

12. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Holic

Feb 1, 2016
    Jefferson City, MO
    Also, does anyone know of a simple wiring change that would make the #2 position bridge and middle in series rather than parallel?

13. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    JayFreddy likes this.

14. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    Still sad I missed these by all of s few minutes back when they were super cheap.

I see folks all the time trying to sell them here for 800+

15. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    $800 is unreasonable. Basically these are in the same family, and the same build quality, as the Baja series. In 2014, when the Triple Teles were made, the Bahas were MAP'ing at $799.

The Triple Tele is a very good guitar, but the three bridge pickups were an answer to a question that no one asked.

I got three and converted two to more standard two-pickup layouts..

The one that kept all three bridge pickups I reversed the polarity of the middle pickup, so it's hum canceling in positions 2 & 4.

I think it's a nice take on the Nashville Tele, but those come stock with the RWRP middle pickup, making them more versatile right out of the box.

Considering that a new MIM standard is currently $599 and the Bahas are $899, $400-450 for a used Triple Tele seems reasonable to me.

On the other hand, I would not take less than $600 for any of mine! ;)

GuitarsAndCars and horax like this.

16. SkyDog308

SkyDog308 NEW MEMBER!

Jan 27, 2018
    Apex, North Carolina
    My wife says if I sell mine, (Triple Caster) to pack up LP's and leave. Gonna be keeping it for a really long time, seven way Sigler switching. Put white polka dots all over it, so I won't list it somewhere a accidentally sale it. I love, but I am gonna switch out the neck, while retaining the stock neck.

Attached Files:

GuitarsAndCars likes this.

17. dpeezie

dpeezie TDPRI Member

Jan 5, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    Been a while...

I really do like the TT, but I could do without all the hum (with no hum cancelling pickup position). I would also like a "regular" neck pickup and a N+B option.

I've found a $20 twisted tele neck pic on CL and I'm thinking this is my chance...but I've seen mentions here and there that the standard tele neck pickup will not fit? Has this been verified? Has anyone had any luck routing the body to make it fit? The wiring would also then need changing around.

I think I'd prefer to go with a 4 way switch and ditch the middle pickup altogether. Since I'm not sure what I'd be getting myself into - has anyone had any luck converting the TT to a regular tele?

18. GuitarsAndCars

GuitarsAndCars TDPRI Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Why not simply switch the polarity of my middle pickup, like in this video for hum cancelling in position 2&4?

19. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    JayFreddy likes this.

20. TRexF16

TRexF16 Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2011
    Tucson
    Greetings friends, I just joined the club. I got a dead mint original TT of the local craigslist for $350. S/N starts with "14"; does that mean it's a 2014?
    The neck and middle pickups sound great on the plain strings but are much darker than I expected on the wound strings. I have not yet looked at the pot/cap values but I expect they are original. The strings look pretty new. I expect I will fiddle with pickup height at first and see if I can brighten things up. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Rex

JayFreddy likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.