Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Triple Telecaster Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Corgitodd, Dec 18, 2016.

1. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Seek, search Arlo West's takes on this circuit in old posts. I wound up liking with his preferred values myself.

AngelDeville likes this.
  2. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
  3. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Holic

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Mine was on reverb for two weeks and no one bought it, had the price down to $475. So Im keeping it. Longer I have it, more I enjoy it. Here she is in my office, her current home. Id like to get a new neck for her, other than that, no changes.

Attached Files:

AngelDeville and JayFreddy like this.
  4. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    Let us know if you sell the original neck. The medium thickness and thin vintage frets work well for me. ;)

GuitarsAndCars and AngelDeville like this.
  5. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic

Oct 27, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I finally got around to changing the neck on my Triple Tele. I bought a new 50s Baja neck on Stratosphere for not much less than price of the Tele (that was fun explaining to the wife).

Anyway, my two gripes about my Triple Tele are now fixed. My small hands LOVE the Baja neck and the weight dropped from 8 lbs 13oz down to 8 lbs 1 oz. Yes, that big Triple Tele neck weighs 12 oz more than a Baja neck. Go figure!

JayFreddy likes this.
  6. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    I am tempted to change the neck on my TT.
    I just finished a black cabronita project with a wenge fretboard and medium frets and I like the almost black fretboard on a black body. (I may change the pickguard to Pearl or tort)

Pardon my non TT pic
    IMG_1260.JPG

JayFreddy likes this.
  7. sonofiam

sonofiam Tele-Meister

Jan 19, 2017
    Inland Northwest
    Just joined the club and must say I am very impressed with it. I bought it with the intention of converting it to a 'traditional' tele. Love it the way it is so it's going to remain stock.
    IMG_8156.JPG

8. Tim S

Tim S Tele-Holic

Oct 27, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Everyone will want to know how much your guitar weighs and whether it appears to be Alder or Ash. :D

robt57 likes this.
  9. sonofiam

sonofiam Tele-Meister

Jan 19, 2017
    Inland Northwest
    Mine's @ 7.5lbs and is ash, made in 2014.

PunkKitty, JayFreddy and black_doug like this.
  10. GuitarsAndCars

GuitarsAndCars TDPRI Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Has anyone switched the two wires on the middle pickup? I've got a couple of strats already but am curious if you get a humbucking effect in positions 2 and 4 by doing so.

11. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
  12. 28Gauge

28Gauge TDPRI Member

Dec 25, 2016
    Dallas, Texas
    Screefer

That is the same WD PG that I am hoping to order soon. I like the way the black PG screws look. Where did you find those?

13. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    I went ahead and reamed the holes and installed the locking tuners, I was supposed to be able to eliminate the string tree, because these tuners get gradually shorter, but I still needed the tree.

I'm going to put the klusons on my hello kitty strat. I already have some on my Avril.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GuitarsAndCars and JayFreddy like this.
  14. screefer

screefer Tele-Meister

Feb 28, 2016
    kildonan
    got 'em from WD ....it's on the order page as an add-on...big fun, eh!

15. GuitarsAndCars

Oct 17, 2016
    Uh. Okay.

16. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    You need to reverse the polarity of the magnets. I believe my tech accomplishes this by connecting the pickup to a strong electromagnet. At first he would let them sit on the electromagnet overnight, but now he's got it down to where he can flip the polarity in 15 minutes or so. Then you also reverse the wires. At least that's my understanding, I haven't done it myself, but had him do that on one of my Triple T's, as well as several Strats that weren't hum cancelling in positions 2 and 4. After his treatment, they are indeed hum cancelling in 2 and 4.

Tim S likes this.
  17. GuitarsAndCars

Oct 17, 2016
    Thank you! Are you happy with the results?

18. PunkKitty

PunkKitty Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2008
    Chicago
    Sadly, hard times forced me to sell my Triple Tele at a loss today. Such is life. Thankfully, I have two other Teles.

19. robt57

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    We'd never have known had you not told us. ;)

20. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    Check this out at GC used section. Looks like someone swapped the bridge and the neck and sold it to GC. You think those pickups are the sock nocaster ones?

AngelDeville likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.