Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Transtube Peavey Bandit question

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bigben55, Jun 12, 2018.

1. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have a USA block logo Redstripe Bandit that I keep at our band practice place and use pretty much only for band practice. I do use a small pedalboard, as I like my dirt pedals and reverb better than the Peaveys....generally use the clean channel only. I have the amp set for my tele and strat, single coils. I'm gonna take my newish dual humbucker tele to practice tonight.

I know how to tweak the TMB knobs for the guitar. I generally keep the presence low and the T.Dynamics at @80%. My question is, would turning the T.Dynamics down keep the hotter pickups from hitting the amp as hard? I want my clean to stay clean. I think I read the T.Dynamics are supposed to make it "act" more like a tube amp, which to me means hotter pickups can overdrive/dirty up the clean channel. I don't want that. I'm asking because I won't have tons of time tonite to screw with settings. Thx 1528829208374.jpg

2. wildschwein

wildschwein Tele-Afflicted

The knob is reasonably subtle but it reduces volume/output and increases compression and breakup as you turn it lower so for maximum headroom set it at 100%.

3. Les H

Les H Tele-Meister

Jun 2, 2018
    Kansas
    Agreed. I can't remember for sure if those bandits had 2 input jacks or not. If so you can try using Jack 2 with the humbucker guitar as its supposed to tame hotter pickups.

bigben55 likes this.

4. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    ^mine does. I didn't use it though. Turned the bass and mids down a notch, treble up a notch, left the presence alone and maxed the T.Dynamics. Worked great!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.