Trade my Supro Titan for a Vox AC15c2

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by dbcooper, May 26, 2019.

1. dbcooper

dbcooper TDPRI Member

First off I am mostly a drummer, but have some cool guitar stuff that I have collected to just toy with. I have a Supro Titan that I think is excellent condition. Its 50 watts. Extremely loud. The tremolo feature does not work at the moment (not sure what happend?). Its a pretty cool amp. I think it might be a bit much for basement jamming, but I like that it can get over the drums when I have a buddy over that knows what they are doing. Put it on craigslist to just get some feelers as to what I might be offered as trades. I have a guy offering a Vox AC15c2. Just wanted to know what you guys thought? They dont make the Titan anymore. Should I keep it or make a move? Thoughts? Thank you! For what it matters I enjoy rock music. Mostly the old stuff. Beatles, Zepp, Doors, Jack White, Willie, Sturgill, Stapleton or Sabbath/anything along those lines.

2. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Hmmm. I see Supro as being a pretty superior amp; I've drooled over them for the past few years. Look your model up on Reverb and Ebay and see if the value is comparable; take a few hundred off if it's in need of major work. Having said that I do have an AC15C1 - it is a great amp with beautiful tones. Two speakers probably sound better than one, so I'm sure the AC15C2 is very cool. I'm thinking it's gotta be pretty heavy to carry though.

3. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

image.jpg I can only speak to the VOX as that is what I have...the C2. Make yourself a roller platform with swivels on both ends....
    Made mine for 15$ but I had some scrap wood. I love this amp. I traded an agile guitar an 200$.

4. dbcooper

dbcooper TDPRI Member

The supro titan is extremely heavy. If I had to guess Id say its every bit of 50 pounds.

5. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

You’ll be knocking on that 50lb door with the Vox too. I won’t try to sway you as I’m a Vox fan, but that C2 is pretty darn loud too.

6. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

NO

AC15, We have one in my band, is not loud enough to cpe with a hard drummer. At least in my band

7. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Is the VOX the C2 twin?.....mine is plenty loud in our 4 piece.

8. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

Nope, is the C1, I believe... we also have two Bassman 59 and the poor AC15 cannot reach the levekl

ce24 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.