Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Toto's lifelong friend Bella passed during the night.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

Jun 23, 2017
    Ottawa, Canada
    Heavy sighs to you and yours

Toto'sDad likes this.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    We were never off over to Lawton, but Bella and Toto have been to Oklahoma on the 40 heading for Conway over in Arkansas. One night we were driving momma's Impala some years back, and got just outside of Okie City, and an HP stopped us and looked us over. I think he 'bout scared the dogs to death. He laughed when he looked us over. He said I pulled you over for not signaling properly when you changed lanes, (I did, but) he also said, the real reason I pulled you over was because of those California plates, I needed to take a looksee at who was in the car. I'll bet he kept pretty busy if he stopped every car that came through there with California plates. :D

3. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Sorry for your loss. I hate these threads. Our dog Tiny's mother was named Bella and she passed about 5 years ago in a semi tragic fashion. I still want to blow up that vet clinic. :mad:

Toto'sDad likes this.

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I sorry they loused up treatment for your Bella, I don't confine my anger to vets. I was somewhat surprised that the treatment center that treated my son didn't show up at his funeral wanting to run "just a few more tests." They and the rest of the gang pulled a million bucks out of him, it looks like at some point they would have been ready to let go.

5. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Condolences, to Toto, and the whole TD family.

Toto'sDad likes this.

6. memorex

memorex Tele-Afflicted

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    I'm so sad to hear that. I've loved all my pets, even the bad ones. It's almost like losing a child.

Toto'sDad likes this.

7. Sollipsist

Sollipsist Tele-Holic

Aug 25, 2016
    Everyday, I'm with dogs and cats who die and - unfortunately not often enough - their people. It's hard not to get in the habit of saying the same things over and over until they become routine lines in a meaningless script, especially when you don't know them well.

I've lost a few of my own, and many more whom I've become close to over the years. I've seen beautiful creatures pass in terrible ways. I've been there for many whose people can't make it, or can't take it, and it's been a long time since I could fault them for it. I just wish I could get everyone to understand that the occasion is as beautiful and wonderful as it is devastatingly sad. It is something that no one would ever wish for, but when it happens, it's as pure and sacred an opportunity for love as you'll ever get in this life.

Immerse yourself in the experience as deeply as you can, with tears and laughter and everything else that brings together those that remain and those that have gone.

ROADMAN and Toto'sDad like this.

8. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Sad to wake up to hear of Bella's passing ... sending you some long distance love from Oz, TD....

I'm off to school band practice soon...I'm starting a new gr5 girl on Bass... her name is Bella.... you will be in my mind when I play some tunes with her this morning....

Toto'sDad likes this.

9. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

That is rough TD, sorry for the news.
    One thing that was told to us by a very experienced dog owner friend--let the surviving dog see the deceased dog, otherwise they will look for them forever, not understanding where they have gone.
    We earned this the hard way--one of our early dogs best pal died in an emergency situation, and she never got to see him dead. She mourned her whole life.

Toto'sDad likes this.

10. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    So sorry to hear that.

Pets occupy a very special place in our lives.

Toto'sDad likes this.

11. Jeru

Jeru Tele-Holic

Nov 17, 2006
    Chicago
    My most heartfelt condolences. I lost the first pup I ever had late last year. Very hard time.

IMG_2080.JPG

Toto'sDad likes this.

12. john_cribbin

john_cribbin Tele-Holic

Nov 26, 2014
    London
    Sorry to read this news TD.

I know Bella had a great life and was loved. You'll all miss her, but you can remember and smile at all the great times you had together over the years.

My girlie passed 10 years ago, she can still bring a smile to my face.

Toto'sDad likes this.

13. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Holic

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    Condolences to you and your family

Toto'sDad likes this.

14. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    Really sorry, TD.

Toto'sDad likes this.

15. Jimmy Owen

Jimmy Owen Tele-Meister

Apr 2, 2017
    Moravian Falls, NC
    Sorry for your loss, TD—and for your wife’s loss and Toto’s, too.

Toto'sDad likes this.

16. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    So sorry to hear about your loss. Loss of a dog is a special kind of grief.

Toto'sDad likes this.

17. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Awww... so sorry. Pets are such a big part of our lives, and any pet owner knows we're the whole world to our pets. It's a little one sided, but we do our best. It's so hard to say good bye.

Toto'sDad likes this.

18. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

Feb 25, 2013
    Luna Louisiana
    Sorry for yalls loss. I've lost pets I still miss. Peace to you an Bella's mom.

Toto'sDad likes this.

19. DHart

DHart Tele-Holic

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    SO very, very sorry for your loss. As a passionate lover of dogs, I well understand what you're going through and offer my sincere condolences to you. She will always be so dear to you, but hopefully in time, you will find another deserving female pup to partner up with Toto and help heal your broken heart.

Toto'sDad likes this.

20. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    So sorry to hear TD. My thoughts are with you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.