Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Toto's lifelong friend Bella passed during the night.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Mar 8, 2018.

1. tonytrout

tonytrout Friend of Leo's

Mar 19, 2003
    Brasstown/Murphy, NC
    TD, I"m so very, very sorry that you and your wife have lost Bella. As you probably know, we've got a little chihuahua, shi-tzhu that we named, Pee-Wee, and he's been with us for 13 years this year. He was given to us by an aunt of mine after the previous owners never really took the time to care for him like he should have been - and, against her own rules of "no dogs in the house", Pee-Wee has been the first dog to ever stay in our house (because of his small size) and Mom loves him to bits. I know that our time with him is winding down but I try my damndest not to think about it because I absolutely hate losing a pet (I've lost numerous pets over the years....one person even stole my very first dog and I never have forgiven her for it).

My sincere and heartfelt condolences and prayers to both you and your wife on the loss of Bella. She's playing at the Rainbow Bridge - but I know that Toto misses her so, condolences to Toto as well.

Toto'sDad likes this.

2. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2007
    St. Croix, USVI
    My condolences, TD. I glance to the book case where the ashes of most of the animals Jackie & I have had together reside. They are never far from view or from our hearts.

Toto'sDad likes this.

3. Recce

Recce Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama

This is Miss Molly Wet Paws. In this picture she is at the vet and has been taken away from us for tests and wasn't very happy. She is normally a happy dog and follows me wherever I go. I understand your loss and can feel your pain because of Molly's love for me. Sorry for the loss of one of your beloved pet.

Toto'sDad likes this.

4. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost dogs and I've lost people and at least for me losing a good furry friend hurts just as much. Be really good to Toto for the next few days. Dogs feel loss too. I've seen it happen when one of mine loses a friend.

Toto'sDad likes this.

5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Thanks LG, and I really appreciate you doing Old Shep as a tribute to Bella. This forum is a really a grand place. I put this up right away after I got things squared away this morning, as an exercise to keep my mind occupied for a little while until I had a chance to kind of put myself right. Truly though, it was my own tribute to Bella, and this is the only place that I wanted to relate my feelings about her. I so appreciate all the wonderful comments on Bella's passing, somehow it makes it better that others know about her, and what she meant to us, and that they cared. Bella, Bella, that how my wife always called to her when we came home from shopping and such, I will miss you always.

watercaster and LGOberean like this.

6. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Somehow they just waylay you, and it's so heart rendering when they are gone. Miss Molly Paws, we salute you!

7. T-bone Ted

T-bone Ted TDPRI Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Louisville, Ky
    Sorry for your loss. Pets are part of the family and provide companionship and countless hours of laughter.

Toto'sDad likes this.

8. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Toto is still looking for Bella. We went out back a few minutes ago, and he was looking everywhere for her. I'm always good to Toto, but I'll be especially mindful of him all the time now. He is actually
    Thank you for your condolences Tony, and I hope old Pee Wee just keep right on going like the Energizer Bunny! Toto is hugging my leg right now. I think he's about to get it figured out, at least he knows she isn't anywhere she supposed to be.

9. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    So sorry for your loss. And Toto's. I don't know what else to say. So sad.

Toto'sDad likes this.

10. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I think they are a lot smarter than they are given credit for. My little Toto has proven to me that he is capable of cognitive thought process on many occasions.

P Thought likes this.

11. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Thank you Jakedog. There a big old empty in our house this morning. I know people will say that it isn't so, but I can feel their presence. I can definitely feel the lack of it when they're gone. Toto says thanks too.

12. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Thank you Stxrus, I hope this finds you in better circumstances. I still think about my little Candy Dog that has been gone for more than 14 years. She died shortly after we got Toto, but I still miss her.

13. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Peace to Toto and Family.

Sorry for you loss.

Toto'sDad likes this.

14. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    Aw man. Those doggie eyes, they haunt you in life, don't they? Especially once you kinda figure out what they are saying with those eyes, most of the time. Sounds like you both had lots of good times and good memories with her. Savor those.

Toto'sDad likes this.

15. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Toto is a grand master at hinting for what he wants. When he wants outside if the doggy door is closed he will come and bark at me, then go over and paw at the sliding door leading to the back yard. When he's hungry, he brings me his dish. When it's time for our afternoon snack he comes to me, than goes to the refrigerator and whines, man he really gets with it when I start cubing up some cheese! Bella would always forgo the actually begging, knowing that I would acquiesce and right on cue just as I was getting ready to start handing out treats, she would round the corner and stand right beside her buddy ready for the cheese. I simply don't know what Toto and I are going to do without Bella.

MilwMark likes this.

16. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    @Toto'sDad - doggie life at your house sounds like doggie life at my parents' house.

When we go out of town Chester stays with my parents (and their dog Daisy, with whom he gets along famously).

At their house, dogs eat twice a day (good, same as ours). But they also get a "snack" 3x each day in addition. After each of my parents' meals, the dogs get a snack. Comprising either some scraps from that meal or if there is nothing suitable left, cubed cheese and deli meat. They line up on queue right after the meal.

For about three days after he comes back home, Chester is befuddled by the lack of this practice, and generally thinking he is hungry all the time. Small price to pay for free, reliable boarding where he gets more attention than with us . . .

Toto'sDad likes this.

17. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    It doesn't take 'em very long to get to liking special treatment!

MilwMark likes this.

18. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

peace man...been in your boat and it's a hard road especially for your wife..
    I bought my wife a JR female some 20 years ago .."Peanut" was really little for a Jack being the runt but she was the only one of the litter that didn't go all crazy when I went to check them out to buy one...just sat quietly watching the proceedings, I knew she was the one. My wife and Little P as she became known were instantly inseparable and did everything together , oddly I was not her favorite though she tolerated me..barely :rolleyes:

when little P was about 8 or so we thought she could use a pal so we got another JR .."BooBoo" who's just the sweetest guy but P was having none of it. My wife was certain Boo was going to be toast as soon as are backs were turned and with tears shed wanted him returned to the breeder....fortunately I won the argument to keep him with my sons vote and after about a week of worry P came around and they became buddies...like your own story Boo became more my dog and still is though the older he gets the more he needs his mommy..... little P had to be helped over the line when she was 16 , our lovely vet came to the house to do the deed on a beautiful day in the gazebo in the back yard with just her and my wife ...little P was in her favorite place.
    The wife still wells up when we talk about her and she misses her horribly...

give your wife a hug and tell her it's from Peanuts mom

camera old and new 010.JPG

Toto'sDad likes this.

19. RedTele58

RedTele58 Tele-Meister

Oct 8, 2010
    Lawton, OK
    TD - my thoughts are with you my friend...

Toto'sDad likes this.

20. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Thank you so much for you kind words. We had such good times with Bella and Toto, it's hard to turn loose, but I am very, very thankful for all the great adventures we all four shared together. Thank you again, and thanks to Peanut's mom.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.