Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Torrpedo C.A.B. and 3rd party IR's

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Hexabuzz, May 27, 2017.

1. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    Anybody using a CAB with 3rd party IR's?

I'm confused, as 3rd party vendors (like Celestion and Ownhammer) can be VERY specific about which mics were used, and in what position in relation to a speaker for the IR capture.

In the Torpedo Remote, you can choose your mic, as well as very specific positioning in relation to the cabinet you choose. I'm assuming that Two Notes captured their IR's in as neutral a way as possible.

So if I use a 3rd party IR with a specific mic and placement, wouldn't it be like "double micing" when I try to use it with the CAB?

Thoughts?

2. fretwhizzy

fretwhizzy TDPRI Member

Aug 17, 2016
    UK
    I think if you use a third party IR that's not in Two Notes format the software/firmware just disables the irrelevant control options. I've yet to feel any great need to try as I'm fine with the available options anyway!

3. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    Thanks for the reply!

Yep, that's exactly what happens - I contacted Two Notes and they said for 3rd party IR's the CAB will just act like any impulse loader, so no extra controls

fretwhizzy likes this.

4. fretwhizzy

fretwhizzy TDPRI Member

Aug 17, 2016
    UK
    There's still quite a lot the Cab can do even when you're not using any speaker/mic IR processing. Having tweakable power amp modelling, 5 band EQ, volume control and ambiance stuff, all midi controlled, is a major plus for me! :)

5. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    Agreed! It's pretty awesome, and the software is very easy to use, too.

Really glad I picked one up.

fretwhizzy likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.