Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Top load bridge and low-tunings

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by s4keru, Aug 10, 2018 at 4:48 PM.

1. s4keru

s4keru TDPRI Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Poland
    Hello, i am building my first tele and i am nearly at the end of the road, i have to just choose the bridge, mount it, solder electronics and it will be ready to play.

And here comes the question: i have 2 bridges to choose from: a top loader bridge with six saddles, (short one, without place for the pickup because i am using H-H setting anyway) mounted on 3 screws or a string through TOM bridge (like many ESP and LTD guitars have). I have to choose one from them but i don't know how the top loader (which is way easier to install) behaves when it is drop tuned with heavy gauge strings (I'm talking about standard B and drop A tuning). Anyone have any experience with tuning top loader to such a low tunings? I know it will feel a little more slinkier than a string through but i like this.

Thanks in advance

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.