Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Top 10 Douchiest Guitarists of All Time

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stephent2, Feb 5, 2013.

1. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/2013/02/top_10_douchiest_guitar_player.php

I though this was kinda funny. No question some of these guys can really play (or is it "shred"), but for me it reenforces the old saying, Just 'cos you can, doesn't mean you should.

I will admit to a low tolerance for this style of guitar playing, i can admire the dexterity and the practice it takes, but dang, some of this stuff is downright unmusical.

The text is PG, just a warning. But some of the clips are sadly hilarious, the first one w/ John Mayer (#10) is actually quite nice. John might overplay a bit, but still, there's music happening.

[​IMG]

2. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 20, 2012
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Finally, a good assessment of rock / metal guitarists

And thank god for that language!!....

3. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    I'll put the over/under on this thread surviving at 5.5 hours...

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. kidmo

kidmo Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2008
    Funkytown
    +100 Interesting note: the very worst on that list is 100 times better than anyone that posts in this thread...:lol:

6. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Better, true... but also far douchier!! :)

7. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 22, 2003
    Georgia/Minnesota
    I guess I should have known better. These guys are Guitar Gods and have a following to prove it. They are on the big stage, I am not.

I'm not implying they don't deserve it and I don't mean to upset anyone. I don't take this link very seriously. It's one rock critics opinion, we all know how valid that can be.

Still, poking a bit of fun at pomposity can't be all bad, right?

8. adeiderich

adeiderich Tele-Afflicted

Jan 14, 2011
    Medina, Ohio
    I didn't even know "Douchiest" was a word...........shows how much I know!

9. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

Jan 24, 2006
    South London
    Some of it is funny but Steve Vai and Van Halen dont deserve to be in the list.

10. RollTide

RollTide Tele-Meister

Dec 25, 2012
    Alabama
    Naha that was the most entertaining list I've seen in a while. I actually agree 100%. There's no denying they all have great talent, but they are certainly douchie.

In His Grip...

11. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    That Ingwee guy should be #1. His douchery has no limits.

12. clayfeat

clayfeat Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2005
    bloomington, in
    Isn't Jeff Beck supposedly a notorious douche?

13. goldtopper

goldtopper Friend of Leo's

Dec 30, 2005
    Liberal Lakes
    All better than me.
    Steve Vai and CC DeVille are the first two that came to my mind. CC for just being an unabashed wanker, and Vai for his everpresent sunglasses-stormcoat-standing in-a-hurricane look. He always has that sly "I just let a silent but deadly fart" look.

14. schnulli

schnulli Tele-Meister

Aug 22, 2010
    Germany
    Rick Nielsen? Now c'mon... :rolleyes:

(love the guy)

15. mickeydean

mickeydean Friend of Leo's

May 29, 2008
    millersville
  16. twiggymac

twiggymac Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2012
    Massachusetts - United States
    the fact that steve vai and satch are on the list boggles me, the fact that yngwie wasn't number 1 ruins my day!

17. SacDAve

SacDAve Friend of Leo's

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    The biggest Douch is Nate Jackson hands down.

18. jkrischan

jkrischan Tele-Afflicted

Nov 26, 2011
    Buffalo NY
    Funny, yes these guys have more talent than I for sure.....but the douchey "I'm the best vibe , check out my wanking/soulful guitar face is hilarious

19. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire

You must not of paid no attention to your English teacher. The adjective is "douchy", its comparative form is "douchier", and its superlative form is "douchiest". Both the noun and verb forms of the word are "douche". All this comes from the French, which explains why it looks so funny: they don't speak English very well.:)

20. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I didn't look because I was afraid John Mayer might not be on a douciest list.

21. voodooblues

voodooblues Tele-Afflicted

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Interesting list. I realize it's supposed to be somewhat humorous and that I shouldn't take it too seriously, but it's almost more of a "who can play really fast" list. I personally wouldn't have put Satch or EVH on there, because they can be pretty tasteful at times with what they play (especially Joe Satriani). The part about Esteban being a white guy from Pittsburgh was pretty funny. And yes, Yngwie should've been much higher, although I'm not sure he can beat out Steve Vail.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.