Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Too many partscasters..

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by fasteddie42, Sep 5, 2017.

1. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 TDPRI Member

Dec 10, 2016
    I have way too many partscasters planned, it feels overwhelming.

Between the color combos, neck and fret board combos, binding and purfling, hardware, control knobs, plate orientation, pickups.... I want to do them allllz!!

Oh well, I suppose I'll have plenty to daydream about at work today.

Anyone else's imagination get the better of them when it comes to partscaster builds?

IronSchef likes this.

2. Dc1986

Dc1986 NEW MEMBER!

Sep 5, 2017
    Uk
    Agreed. I have just finished building one. Already started tru oiling a maple neck for my La Cabronita single pick up swamp ash body.

The cabronita will take a long while as my colleague at work (who is also an airbrush artist on the side) is going to do the paint job rather than rattle can work.

ianstrike likes this.

3. FerruleCat

FerruleCat Tele-Meister

May 2, 2017
    Tulsa, OK
    Frankensteining knows no limits. I'm wrapping up a mahogany Mustang-style that is routed for Strat coils and a Tele control plate, with a Warmoth roasted maple conversion neck to bring it to Gibson scale. So far, it is turning out very well, except that I apparently need to deepen the neck pocket about 3/32".

I already have several parts on hand for my next one: a Rosser Fano-type body routed for a Tele bridge and a P90 neck -- except that I've already decided to modify the neck rout to fit an orphaned Lollar Broiler pup. I have John Deere Blitz Black aerosol on the way and will eventually order an Allparts SRO-FAT neck. Parts is parts, baby!

4. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 TDPRI Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Ive been day dreaming up a couple of elaborate builds.

sunburst jazz master with checker purfling and white binding. Slab body, no contours.

Working name is "new vegas"

Mahogany body spruce top thinline with hot dog routing instead of 69'. Herringbone purfling and cream binding. Fat maple neck. Thought about petoskey stone dot inlays for the fret board to keep with a great lakes sort of theme.

5. IronSchef

IronSchef Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah - once you get started its pretty easy to get started purchasing the bits for the next one before you finish the one you r working on!!

I wanted to try building a partscaster this summer from an unfinished body (first time) - and by the time I fully decided all the details on the project, I had THREE unfinished bodies making thier was through shipping to my apartment! 6 weeks later, I am finally putting the first one together (the other two are still in the "finishing" steps)

Telegraphonic likes this.

6. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen TDPRI Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Jeff City, Mo.
    I always have at least one build in the works. It's like legos. For men.

Les Paul lover and dustoff like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.