Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tone Concepts The Distillery pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by L.A. Mike, Apr 2, 2014.

1. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2014
    East coast of USA
    Anybody have any experience using one of these pedals? I've seen the videos and read reviews. But, I'd like to hear from an actual user.

2. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2014
    East coast of USA
    Nobody? Habla Espanol?

3. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2014
    East coast of USA
    Anybody ever tried this pedal?

4. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
  5. ToneM1

ToneM1 TDPRI Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, Ca
    I got one a couple months ago. Seems to work pretty well to dial-in/fine tune your tone. The boost isn't bad either. I've been using it infront of my Okko Diablo and Rook Royale & a couple of other OD's I have. Seems to make my guitar jump out more in the band mix.

6. Jimcord1

Jimcord1 Tele-Holic

Sep 24, 2013
    Plainfield, IL
    GREAT pedal, one of the best of this category, current or vintage.
    It's one of the rare but refreshing examples of something that actually exceeds claims and praise; whether made by the company, the press/forums, or endorsers.

It does what the rest promise, but either: don't, can't, won't or just barely deliver, regardless of price point or era.

Best advice: try one out. None around? Order one online from somebody with a 30 day or better money back guarantee. Then you'll know if it's for you, and your sound, and set-up.

7. Jimcord1

Jimcord1 Tele-Holic

Sep 24, 2013
    Plainfield, IL
    double post:eek:; see above

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  8. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 28, 2006
    NELA, Ca
    I have one.
    I play two days a week out of a POS solid state amp. It definitely helps me sound like I'm not playing through a huge pile of junk.

9. Del Pickup

Del Pickup Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 24, 2008
    New Zealand
    When I read the title of this thread I immediately wondered if it was designed to be a bagpipe emulator!

Hoots mon, let's go play some Big Country songs............!! :)

10. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Tele-Meister

Oct 21, 2006
    Canada
    Hey folks,

We've donated 4 Distillery pedals for the TDPRI give-away. Support this great site for your chance to win one (draws weekly).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We've got a wide range of artists using the pedal in many different ways.

More releases coming up as well.

11. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Hey. I just found out I won one! Would love any more info you could give me on it. Is it a low-gain overdrive? What separates it from others? What is the second switch for?

12. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

Mar 31, 2009
    Toronto
    Yeah, I won one of those as well. I read the Premier Guitar review but that's about it. It seems like one of those pedals that you don't realize it's on until you turn it off.

13. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN

Cool. Yeah I was really shocked to win anything. But I have to admit, when I first saw the email I was positive that I'd won the 64' RI Tele, lol! But I'm psyched on the pedal. I just entered out of sheer love for the forum. It's taught me everything I know! I'm sure I'll love the pedal. I'll be doing a review/demo of it for my YouTube channel so that'll be cool. Congrats bro!

14. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Emperor's duds?

Not to take away from the winners, I'm not so much your average Tele wielder... but I bought and returned mine lickety split.

I thought it might serve as a tone shaper, a 'more' pedal. Always on. Subtle but enhancing. That kind of thing.

It was too subtle for moi. Testing the extremes I could get obviously useless sounds, like you can with most any pedal if you try. But dialing it in, trying to actually use the darn thing... Nothing. The invisible pedal.

I can see it selling really well:
    "Doesn't hurt your signal!"
    "Transparent!"
    "Crystal clear!"

Yep, it's all that, and then none.

15. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN

Ha! Yeah I get what you're saying. But it's awfully hard to complain about a basically free pedal ;)

16. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Absolutely. You may like it! And if you don't, you can always sell it.

Last year I won truefire's grand prize for their (ugh) Rocktoberfest. I like TF's lesson material, a lot, but I'm not much into rock. The prize was a pointy $1200 Dean shredder with skeleton artwork, and a Floyd. I like lots of guitars, but if you had to pick one that I'd hate, yep, that'd be it. It appeared to be a decent guitar, and it came in a real nice hardshell case :lol: ... The signature artist (who I've never heard of) was kind enough to sign the back of the headstock, too.

Still very cool to win, even though it wasn't for me. I offered it to my son, but he's into Teles and Gibsons, so... Some really nice guy on ebay got a great deal, and I put the proceeds towards a Martin.

Now, if I were to win any of the TDPRI guitars, that'd be a different story. Pried from my cold dead hands...

17. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN

Lol! That's hilarious! Yeah it would be amazing to win a guitar from TDPRI. I just bought a Nash so I'm ok ;). But knowing my luck that's right when I would win, when I don't really NEED it. I hope someone wins who can't afford a good Tele and barely was able to enter the drawing. Not someone who already owns 10 custom shop Fenders..... Jerry!!! Jk ;)
    Yeah there's always the option of selling it but I don't know. If I won something from any other site and didn't like it, I wouldn't think twice about selling it. But TDPRI is the home team so it would be a lot harder.

18. moosie

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    I hear ya. You could always gift it.

I considered doing that with the guitar, as I have a few... but that much value and things get weird. Like how would I feel if the recipient immediately turned around and sold it... I decided I didn't need to feel guilty for having some guitars, and bought (1/4 of) another!

19. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Jun 7, 2013
    Nashville, TN

Lol. Yeah I hear ya. A while back I sold a guitar on Reverb. For some reason when I shipped it (in the us) the shipping price was crazy, like double what I usually pay. The buyer asked about it so I told him the cost and he felt bad about it. Turned out he worked for a pedal company. He knew I had a YouTube channel where I reviewed pedals so he said I'll send you a pedal to make up for the shipping. I was like, awesome! I wasn't expecting anything nice, I thought it'd be a tuner or something. He sent me a brand new Hardwire Supernatural Reverb (the U.S. Made ones) with the power supply and everything. I was so floored by it, at the time it wasn't even out yet. Anyway, I made a demo of it and put it on YouTube and he really liked it. He told me he would send me some other stuff to review after I got to Nashville (I was in the process of moving). So a couple weeks later I realized I hadn't used the pedal once sent I demoed it (my amp had killer reverb already) so I put it on Reverb and it sold in a day or two. Not sure but I think the guy was kinda put off that I did that. Needless to say he never sent me any other pedals! Lol. I don't blame him, lesson learned.
    It's weird though. I always wonder with really popular YouTube gear deli guys, do they keep all the stuff they demo? I'm sure some stuff they get from a store strictly to demo and then give it back. But with pedals and stuff, especially if they're sent to them by the company, do they keep them? If so they probably end up selling quite a few. I know GearManDude sells pedals frequently. Maybe that's how they make money from the vids?
    Not sure, glad I haven't completely derailed this thread off topic. Sorry!

So, how bout the Distillery? Anyone else using this pedal?!?!?

20. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

cool. its good to see people win these things.

i have a hardwired super natural ambient reverb pedal in the mail. should be here by Friday i hope.. i needed a reverb as i did not have one.. it was between the hardwired and the eventide space pedal. i decided the space pedal was over kill and probably more complicated than i wanted to deal with..

chrsi.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.