Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tolexing Corners on a Black/Silverface Style Cabinet

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by Jerry J, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Jerry J

Jerry J Tele-Afflicted

Mar 25, 2003
    NoVa
    Hello All,

A quick post - I am tolexing a homemade solid pine cabinet that will house my Allen Chihuahua, which is the same chassis size of a Vibro Champ. My cabinet is the same width as a VC cabinet, but a couple of inches taller and two inches deeper to accommodate up to a 12" speaker, though I am using a 10" speaker currently.

My concern is correctly cutting the tolex on the angled front. Using the old woodworker's adage - measure twice, cut once, so I want to do it right the first time! What angle do I cut the tolex so it wraps around correctly on the angled front? BTW, I fully understand how to cut the top and bottom corners, since they're right angles.

Any pictures would help too!

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. Mongo Park

Mongo Park Tele-Holic

Nov 28, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Some photos in here to give you some ideas. If you overlap the tolex and cut both pieces at one time they line up no matter what the angle, just a matter of finding out what looks good. Use a scrap piece at the corner and see how it looks.

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/amplifier,tolex

You can also cut straight across just above the angled part instead of a 45.
    Hope this helps..............Ron

3. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.