Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Today in Oz!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by w3stie, Mar 24, 2014.

1. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    A bit early, but

Snowy Mountains get blast of pre-winter snow well ahead of official ski season

The alpine region of southern New South Wales has received a big blast of snow — months ahead of the official start to the ski season.

Visitors and staff at ski resorts in the Snowy Mountains fell asleep last night in Autumn and woke up in what looked like the dead of winter.

Thredbo Resort said about 10 to 15 centimetres of snow fell on mountain tops overnight, while Perisher resort recorded about five centimetres.

[​IMG]

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-10/snow-mountains-in-nsw-alps-gets-snow-before-ski-season/8430702

trev333 likes this.

2. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

We'll be feeling it up here in the morning, too.... close to single figures in the morning they reckon....

Brrrr.... better dig out a blanket I've not seen since last winter.... ;)

3. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

5 degrees here this morning. Time to change over the wardrobe, cargo shorts to cargo longs.

uriah1 likes this.

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Next Monday is the last day of the season at our local ski resort. You know what that means? All the Aussie lifties fly out of town! Back to Oz or their next ski job, I guess.

(Pity about the season ending now, too. The base is still over 300cm.)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    richiek65 likes this.

5. chemobrain

chemobrain Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    Emus can disembowel you with a kick with their talon thingies fast powerful and best left alone.

uriah1 likes this.

6. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Yup, leave them alone, the exception to that advice is unless you have a very large oven, and a lot of sage, onion and breadcrumbs, about half a ton.

chemobrain and w3stie like this.

7. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Speaking of emus, has anyone ever had a Diamentina cocktail?

Diamantina

Cocktail Variety:
    Creamy-Sweet
    Cocktail Strength:
    Light
    Cocktail Size:
    Short
    Glass type:
    Lowball Glass
    Cocktail Country:
    Australia
    Garnish:
    None
    Method:
    Stir and Pour
    Ingredients:
    1 pint Bundaberg® Dark Rum
    1 pint Condensed Milk
    1 Emu Egg
    Ice Cubes
    Instructions:
    Beat an emu egg very well, stir in rum and condensed milk. Serve in lowball glasses with ice. (12-14 servings)

8. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia
    No Phil but I have the LP.

[​IMG]

richiek65 likes this.

9. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Meister

Feb 5, 2015
    ca
    that sounds like the sickest cocktail known to man...

bundy rum is satans juice

Steve 78 likes this.

10. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Me too. :)

11. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Just went down to Ballina, muck and mud from the floods is still washing down the river. This is the beach near the river mouth. That yellow brown stuff is foam not sand. IMG_0106.JPG

12. Reckless Rat

Reckless Rat Tele-Meister

Feb 26, 2014
    UK
    faulp likes this.

13. Mahalo

Mahalo Tele-Meister

Jul 3, 2005
    Manly Beach
    Inner circle. OP. Bad juju.

14. chezdeluxe

chezdeluxe Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 29, 2007
    Brisbane Australia

15. w3stie

w3stie Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 19, 2010
    Brisbane
    Driverless cars: Kangaroos throwing off animal detection software

Driverless car makers are discovering a unique problem as they begin to test the vehicles in Australia.

It turns out the unusual way that kangaroos move completely throws off the car's animal detection system.

"We've noticed with the kangaroo being in mid-flight ... when it's in the air it actually looks like it's further away, then it lands and it looks closer," Volvo Australia's technical manager David Pickett said.

[​IMG]

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-...stralia-face-challenge-of-roo-problem/8574816

16. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I want to know how they are going to programme the cars to avoid the Roos that wait until the car is level with them, then dash out and head butt the door. Not to mention the ones that leap onto the bonnet.

trev333 likes this.

17. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That happened to a mate of mine... a 'roo dropped out of the sky onto the bonnet of his XD Ute and nearly went through the windscreen..

he was on his way to work early one morning driving along with a bank on his left side, the 'roo was on the top level and jumped down onto the road as he was passing... he didn't even see it coming until it was on the bonnet...

18. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Similar thing happened to me, Roo on a bank, lept onto the bonnet then backflipped through the screen. Had them hit the passenger door, the trailer, the tow bar between the ute and the trailer, they have absolutely no road sense. Some even hide behind trees then leap out when you ar elebvel with them, how is the driverless car going to spot those.

19. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Holic

20. suthol

suthol Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Paul Featherstone is one of my neighbours, lovely unassuming bloke

richiek65 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.