To those who would correct.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Almost 36,000 posts seems a bit finger twitchy.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. Jim W

Jim W Friend of Leo's

Only thing I see occasionally that needs correcting in this website is that there was never a band called Rod Stewart and the Faces, they were the Faces.

3. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I gave up the grammar and spelling cop in society, long ago, so I gave
    it up here. I think. I hope

Now Advertising campaigns that spell wrong on purpose, really bug me.

imho

eclecticsynergy likes this.
  4. stevemc

stevemc Tele-Meister

interesting.i clearly remember them being referred to as such just before rod went solo.

5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The 5000 fingers of Dr. T at your service sir!

6. FRESHMEAT

FRESHMEAT Tele-Meister

I truly hope your playing skills exceed your deep reasoning skills. Have a wonderful one and wish you the best.

Georox and Toto'sDad like this.
  7. Toto'sDad

You just couldn't help it could you? It just had to come out, the need to correct even if only a little bit is just too strong to control. Why on earth would I need deep reasoning skills? As far as my playing skills, I think they would have to get a lot better before anyone could refer to them as skills. Aside from all that, I am impervious to insult, BECAUSE I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS ABOUT ANYTHING! Ahhh, I always feel even better after a good shout! :D

8. 5ofeight

5ofeight Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Did anyone see that thread title that read something like "road their train system", man see when I read that, I near dropped all the stitches in my knitting..I mean,I'm like" c'mon to f***!"...lool

9. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I don't mean to waffle on this rabbits with pancakes thing:

[​IMG]

eclecticsynergy, tery and 5ofeight like this.
  10. sonicsmitty

sonicsmitty Tele-Holic

Language evolves, but it seems to me to be going at a much faster rate these days. When I was growing up ain't was not in the dictionary. How many decades or centuries has ain't been used in speech. Now when I can look at a dictionary and find bootylicious, as I did today, I get sort of sad and disgusted simultaneously. If it is going to change that quickly or frivolously why have rules at all?

As for the arts being "wardened by experts", it just seems that it's just subject to someone else's opinion. I'm not sure why there should be any reason to have a group of people tell us what is or isn't art or what we should or should not like. I feel like I am capable of forming my own opinion. I suppose though, that a group of people deciding the rules of language is not so much different than a group of people deciding what is or is not art. My question is how do you get to be The Decider? Is it election, special appointment, or royal decree?

I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer so I have to ask someone to 'splain it to me. What's up with the rabbit and pancake?

11. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Its a wabbit - I don't get it either

12. FRESHMEAT

FRESHMEAT Tele-Meister

Good! I was not correcting you on the last post. I wish you the best. I'm weird because I come on these sites to learn, grow and share. I like when people correct me if I'm mistaken. I like learning and will never ever know it all. I really hate ignorance. From the bottom of my heart I do wish you well. If I offended you or made you angry in anyway, I'm truly very very sorry. That makes me feel shame if I angered you. I would rather be a friend and have you be a stable happy person. God bless you.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. Uncle Butch

Uncle Butch TDPRI Member

It dont matter two me if i dont speel nuthin write as long as mu punkchuatin is alwrite,

FRESHMEAT likes this.
  14. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

They might have come in handy figuring out that he was hacking on Georox NOT YOU! :confused:

Georox and Toto'sDad like this.
  15. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

In honesty, while improper spelling and grammar really bother me (and mind you, if I don't pay close attention I am often guilty of it myself), as long as I can understand the post, I just let it go. The transfer of data and intention are far more important than the format used.

This is, after all, an internet forum, not a collegiate literary society. If you aren't able to accept that and move on, perhaps you should consider a new hobby, or, at the very least a new site to annoy.

16. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pancake-bunny?full=1

17. Toto'sDad

Okay, THERE'S one example! :lol::lol::lol:

18. Toto'sDad

It has been pointed out to me that I erred in responding to you, instead of the person you were responding to. I have admittedly an awful lot of posts on this forum. If you had read even a meager portion of them it would have been hard to escape that I have posted that I am usually not serious about much of anything. Even though I've posted this many times, I'm always taken seriously no matter how moronic my post are. That's not necessarily a bad thing! We all enjoy the Bad Dog, I have no will against you or anyone else here or in the real world. I can talk to most people I meet on the street and have been known to talk to a street sign for an extended period of time before realizing the darned thing doesn't have much to say.

FRESHMEAT and sonicsmitty like this.
  19. Larmo63

Larmo63 Tele-Afflicted

Grammar errors bug the **** out of me.

It's as if formal educaishun in America has vanished.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  20. sonicsmitty

sonicsmitty Tele-Holic

FRESHMEAT likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.