Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tired of my 2 year old Cheap Craftsman saw with wonky fence!

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by cap47, Dec 26, 2017.

1. cap47

cap47 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jul 27, 2014
    bushnell, fl
    Bought the Craftsman table saw a little over 2 years ago when I did my 5e3 cabinet and 212 cab. Always had to fudge the fence to get parallel with the blade.Finally it has got so it pops up across the miter slot and I am working new projects and not happy. I went to Lowes today because I saw a nice Hitachi saw with rugged guides and a longer motor shaft that will allow use of Dados up to 13\16 wide and 8" OD. A very rugged fence and easily adjustable for // and Sq cutting. The table is a little bigger too. Got it home set up and working. Nice quality saw.

A Week ago I also replaced my old B&D router table made of plastic. I have a new Craftsman cast aluminum table and much better with my new router too. Larger surface and nice features with underneath storage.

Pictures later.

2. cap47

cap47 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jul 27, 2014
    bushnell, fl
    I finally took some pics of the new equipment today. My new Hitachi Saw, Router Table (Craftsman) and my Power Hand Plane (Porter Cable) in the midst of the dust and chips they have been making. I also had to add a nose extension to my Rockler Thin Strip Rip Guide. The table slot was 1-7/8" farther from the blade than the guide was designed for. Bigger sturdier saw. Now to get some 3/8 plywood to make zero clearance saw guides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

R. Stratenstein and eallen like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.