Tip for all newbies to pedals

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Bluego1, Mar 13, 2019.

1. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Meister

I was only partially joking about having no idea what a daisy chain was- I too use a wall wart or battery for everything. I have a separate one for my big muff and small clone, dedicated one for graphic fuzz (all three ehx branded ;) ) then I've always ran my tuner and phase shifter off battery, my new Maxon AD999 I use wallpaper wart, and my a/b box doesn't need power.

But

I very seldom use more than 1 distortion and the small clone. About to be clone or ad999, depending on my intentions.

The absolute most consistent thing with my whole entire rig since 2003 has been my Isobar IB4 surge protector . I had it fir mu computer then, and switched the computer to a more generic one when I started moving amps away from that outlet . The computer store I worked at in 2005 used isobar stuff with thier servers. Mines been with me through 8 amps and every guitar I've owned. I cannot reccomend and 3lb metal box more highly. That is the only thing I will ever have to immediately replace if something happens, got 2 amps that can gig without a mic, 5 giggable electrics, plenty of cables..... but just the one super reliable surge protector .
    If I ever opt to run amps I stereo again I'll probably get the 6 port one.
    If I need to run more than 3 pedals at once, I'll buy a power block. I'm not opposed to change, just haven't been forced to yet.

2. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I use a one spot and have noticed quite bit of noise. I think I will pick up a power supply. Thanks.

3. Dixon in Korea

Dixon in Korea Tele-Meister

Turning down the volume on the guitar will get rid of RFI picked up by the guitars wiring and pickups, but it won’t do anything about noise picked up or created by the pedals or their power supply.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.