Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Times you've had that how good they were have been accidently captured on film.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Thing about being six years older than dirt itself is that you've played a lot of different characters on the stage of life. Sometimes, someone takes a photo of you and catches the essence of just how good that time period was. This photo is something someone from the family took of us long ago out at my brother-in-law's place many, many years ago. It was a very good time in life for both of us, and I think the photo catches that. I don't know how we came to have the pic, but I'm glad we do. It always gives my heart a little lift to know that somewhere in time, my sweetie and I are living this very moment!

Clint and Lola at Weldon's  - Copy.jpg

2. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    Totally look like a movie star with his movie star wife.

Hiker and Toto'sDad like this.

3. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Thank you for your kind words, my sweetie has been my mainstay in life. She is my anchor in life's storms, some folks never seem to settle on one woman, but after I met her, I never wanted anyone else, she is my very own movie star!

4. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    You are very blessed to have her and I'm sure she is blessed to have you. All the best to you and your wife.

Toto'sDad likes this.

5. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    We are in our twilight years now, we've had a good run at life. Sounds a little corny to say, but I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Obsessed and Tele1966 like this.

6. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    When my dad was getting older he told me he wouldn't want to be younger, he accepted his age, which is the same thing you are saying and the same thing I believe.

Not all people feel this way. I pulled prison guard duty for a month (I had a low lottery number and was in the Army for two years.) I recall taking prisoners out to a cemetery to do grave digging. Many of the prisoners were lamenting on how they wished they were young again. I think we have the answer right there.

Toto'sDad likes this.

7. thesamhill

thesamhill Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA area
    That's a great pic! I recognize that look she has. That's the, "he hasn't noticed the bug I put in his hair yet" look. My wife has that look in lots of our pics too :)

Toto'sDad likes this.

8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Great shot - especially if you can tie it to an particularly great part of your life (and realize the present is just as good) ,wife looks super nice, I dig the curtains, and is that an old dually out the window ?

Toto'sDad likes this.

9. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Thanks MIke, not a dually that was a really good FWD hound hunting rig. I tinkered around with changing jets in the carburetor and managed to get pretty decent fuel mileage out of that baby. It was a beast in the mountains, both winter and summer. Eventually I would get another one that had a brush buster on the front of it that came in handy back then. I expect you'd do thirty days in the electric chair if you did that kind of stuff now days!

Mike Eskimo likes this.

10. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I understand how your dad felt. If you went back, what if you made a wrong turn and ended up somewhere entirely where you wouldn't want to be? I'd rather have it like it's been than a lot of ways it could have turned out. The worst was losing my son, but he lived a good life, and many never get that chance. We all end up at the same river crossing in the end. It's so much better when you get there if you can hold your head up as you prepare to cross. My son did that, I hope to be able to do the same.

Paul Jenkin, Piggy Stu and Tele1966 like this.

11. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Facebook is at the age now where it can pull things up from when my kids were babies: first bike ride, a bean up the nose, stuff like that. Kinda surprising how nostalgic you can get for something that was only 7-8 years ago...

Toto'sDad and Piggy Stu like this.

12. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    “Times you’ve had that how good they were have been...”

Awww... Did someone forget to take their meds today?

Toto'sDad likes this.

13. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Ya hafta hang in there until the end, then it all makes sense. ;)

Toto'sDad and soulgeezer like this.

14. Tele1966

Tele1966 Friend of Leo's

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    Truly said. Same here.

Toto'sDad likes this.

15. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    A great pic TD. Gotta hang onto those special moments in life during rough times. My best to you and the Mrs.

Toto'sDad likes this.

16. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Nice pic TD.

Toto'sDad likes this.

17. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Isn't that Burt Reynold's stunt double from the '70s?

Toto'sDad likes this.

18. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Might have been, then again...

19. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    If youda took your meds today, you coulda read the whole thing, still might not have made any sense to you, but...

soulgeezer likes this.

20. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Y’all are very photogenic!

Toto'sDad likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.