Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Time Warner Cable vs. AT&T Uverse???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by E5RSY, Mar 6, 2013.

1. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    About to jump ship to AT&T, I think. Any reason not to?

Thanks, in advance.

Scott

2. bobsway

bobsway Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2012
    Erie, Pa, USA
    We recently got rid of time warner cable, everyone should.

3. Achysklic

Achysklic Tele-Holic

Feb 7, 2013
    Ohio
    I went from twc to uverse, I miss twc much more stable

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. puremania

puremania Tele-Holic

May 25, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Honestly, it usually comes down to six of one, half dozen of the other. You'll get poor to mediocre customer service from both. I worked as a customer service rep for one of the two companies, and have had experience with the other, this is what I've discovered:

You'll get unstable service from U-Verse and unstable, recycled equipment from TWC.

Every year, or so, you'll get messages from certain channels on a crawl across your screen saying you may lose that channel due to contract issues.

Getting a decent install tech is more of a crap shoot than a game of craps, hope for a simple tech visit, prepare for a week long ordeal of no-shows and infuriating phone calls.

Either way, yes, you'll get your TV and internet services, but you're going to see greener grass on the other side.

Good luck, dude, just avoid service contracts at any cost; that's a road you'll regret going down.

6. oramac7891

oramac7891 Friend of Leo's

Sep 10, 2009
    Texas
    Uverse. In my area, twc hires "independent contractors " to install the hardware. This means it could be anyone. Uverse has their own people do it.

I got rid of twc and have never looked back. Uverse service and customer service, when I call, has always been great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.