Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

THR10 super noisy

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Brian Dress, May 8, 2017.

1. Brian Dress

Brian Dress Tele-Meister

Mar 31, 2016
    Anaheim
    Not sure if this is an issue that others have or if its just my pickups or if its the amp model or what.

I know that people have this issue. I am trying to see if I have the issue or if I have ****ty pickups lol.

here is a clip of my new 04 affinity strat through the JCM 800 channel on the THR10. I think it has MIM pickups actually. Ceramic though. Neck pickup.

2. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Meister

Jan 20, 2012
    melbourne australia
    Mine is a little noisy if I put my pedals through it but yeah I don't think it's nearly that bad? I don't have it with me so hard to compare but I am pretty sure once I start playing any "noise" cannot be heard , unlike your current situation?

3. Sofaplayer

Sofaplayer Tele-Meister

May 16, 2011
    Berlin, Germany
    That is noisy! Mine is dead quiet with just a little pickup hiss. Do you have the same noise without a guitar connected? If so, try the amp elsewhere (different house) and see if it's better. If not, I'd say it is defective.

Do you have the same noise with a different amp but the same guitar? If not, I'd say it is defective. But all that is just a guess.

Whatever you do, good luck!

4. dkmw

dkmw Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    I can get somewhere close to that with a noisy guitar and everything cranked.

But if you take the real tube amp and crank it, it'll sound like it's about to explode too. That's what they're emulating, IMO.

However, if you don't have your THR cranked, you may have a legit issue.

5. metastable

metastable TDPRI Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Milspec likes this.

6. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    That is exactly the right answer, that was a common complaint for some time. I think there might have been an update along the line regarding this problem as well...yours might be the earlier version of the firmware. Try it without the adapter and then see if you have the V2 update.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.