Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Those not into tattoos, with significant others who have them

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    My wife doesn't have any tattoos. If she had a couple that were mostly hidden, I wouldn't mind. If she was 'sleeved up' I wouldn't like it. Our daughter (29 years old) has a lot of tattoos and I really dislike that she has so many. I don't like the tatted up look, but she's an adult, her choice of course.

stratofortress likes this.

2. stratofortress

stratofortress Tele-Afflicted

Oct 25, 2011
    Maryland
    My wife has one on her ankle but my daughter has tattooed up big time and she also is 29.I personally think she overdid it but I kind of blame myself. When she was maybe 12 I let her come along as I was getting a rather large one on my arm and I think that started her down the path. I have 4 but I would say my daughter has a total of maybe 10.Some in places I do not want to know about...

3. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Meister

Nov 27, 2016
    Long Island
    I really wanted a Tattoo when I was 12. The kid who lived next door was older, and when he went into the Navy got one. I was envious. That one tattoo he got turned into eight plus; Arms, legs, chest piece, back and all. In the end, I never got one, and I'm so glad. If it's your thing, do your thing. Women with tats, turns my mood ring black, just don't like a lady with a tat, but of course if it's your thing, I'm good with it. My wife has none, so were good with each other.

4. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    I have a bunch, I'll be getting a bunch more. Has nothing to do with conformity or looking "cool", it's just something I enjoy.

My wife recently got her first at 44 years old. I like it a lot. She now wants more. I'm cool with that.

voodooblues likes this.

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Just read thread. Very interesting, two realities, two cultures.

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit

My wife and 4 or 5 of her friends got small sharks on their ankles in the late 80's at MSU.

All druuuuuunk, one night they drove out to a mobile home community outside E. Lansing where there lived a guy who did all the sororities/frats Greek letters. My wife went first and hers looks great. By the time the guy was doing the last girl (Annette) he was really blasted and hers looks like a meal worm with fins.

Two of their friends weren't there that night and felt left out so they asked someone to take them out to the dude to get sharks.

Annette took them and showed him her tattoo and said this is what they want - remember the other night ?

So he copied her totally crappy kinda-shark two more times...:lol:

This recent commercial (with two hot moms) always reminds of those "sharks"

Doghouse_Riley and Stubee like this.

7. rburd2

rburd2 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 13, 2016
    Georgia, US
    I have Kanji for "secret sin" on my left arm and a lion on my right arm (I'm a Leo). My wife also has 2. A good sized dagger with a rose on her lower back and what was a pretty small little flower on her stomach. That one is now about 3 or 4 times its original size since our son came along.

We're both talked about getting another but never have. I will say that I don't mind a few tats on a woman but I don't want them to be huge or all over the place.

8. mitchfinck

mitchfinck Tele-Holic

Dec 7, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    I've dated a number of girls with tattoos (mostly small and hidden unless intimate or in a bathing suit... some had bigger). Doesn't really matter to me one way or another. Certain styles or places I never find attractive, but whatever.
    I don't have any, but I keep considering getting one with my Medicalert information (but that would also have to look cool).
    Who knows.

9. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Holic

Oct 8, 2011
    Swamps of Louisiana
    Know the difference between love and tattoos?
    Tattoos are forever.

rcole_sooner likes this.

10. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    I don’t have any ink at all. I could never think of any piece of art, motto or band logo that I loved so much that I’d want it permanently affixed to my body. Even at twenty-something I was never foolish enough to believe my tastes and priorities wouldn’t change in the future and that always held me back. “Wow! That’d make a cool tat! ...but am I gonna like it in ten years?” As for marking events, I’m decidedly unsentimental in such regards. I don’t even really keep many pictures, so why would I put them on my body?
    My wife has one tattoo. She’s been talking about getting a second ever since we met, but it never happens because there is always something else taking precedence so she kicks the decision (and the cost) down the road to another point. At the end of the day I just don’t think it’s a particularly high priority for her.
    Obviously, ink on a woman isn’t a big deal to me. I don’t really agree that it is some way automatically unattractive, nor am I especially attracted to women because they are inked up. It’s something that people do, both men and women, particularly in the alt-rock/punk world. Whether or not it is attractive depends on the tattoo and the woman. “Pretty is as pretty does,” my grandmother always said. Mrs. Minimalist meets both counts, ink and all!

11. draggindakota

draggindakota TDPRI Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Lehigh Acres, Florida
    I have 2 and my wife has 2, but we both want more.

12. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    There is definitely a tattoo generation and I think 29-ish years old is pretty spot on for belonging to that group . I have a load of nieces and nephew's plus or minus that age and they almost all have them and at a recent family wedding they all talked about what additional ones they wanted.

All of them are good productive kids but The old stereo type persisted in that overwhelmingly the less school they had the more tattoos they had .

The two who had just graduated as a nurse practitioners and recently married?

One tattoo between them .

But then again they have more smarts than commonsense. Their degrees are priceless at this point and they could go anywhere in the country yet they're staying in Michigan !

Augh...

13. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

Jun 11, 2009
    Minnesota
    I can't resist the eye roll when I see a tramp stamp on the lower back. Not too attractive. To me they say, "I used to have $100." (...or whatever they cost...) I never thought about it before, but I guess it'd be a deal breaker for me if I were dating.

14. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 28, 2006
    Hotlanta, GA
    I have one in a remote, sensitive location that appears to say "Tiger" upon first impression when I get undressed.

But by the time a woman is fully undressed, she can tell that it actually says "Ticonderoga".

;):D:D

P-Nutz and PonyExpress like this.

15. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Through one of the bands I'm in I find myself regularly on the rockabilly scene around here. A lot of people dress the part so I get to see females in the pinup look. I totally dig it, and tattoos on females is a big plus in my mind. I have 7, the girl I'm dating doesn't have any.

Some people have mentioned about them looking bad when I get older. I figure that as I advance in years, if a wrinkly tattoo is my biggest health concern I'll be pretty lucky.

P-Nutz likes this.

16. PonyExpress

PonyExpress TDPRI Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Texas

17. PonyExpress

PonyExpress TDPRI Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Texas

I don't care who you are. That right there is funny

18. 8barlouie

8barlouie Tele-Afflicted

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    Although he's not a significant other, I have to honorably mention my son, who's 28. He's fairly well inked up. Not sure where he got it from because all my wife and I have on us is our polio vaccine scars lol. Anyway, my father was a whaler in the Azores back in the 50s and he got a tatoo of a sperm whale being harpooned on his arm. It's breathtaking.

FenderGyrl likes this.

19. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I don't have a single tattoo.

I been all over the country. Been in and out of numerous "scenes", yet never let myself get branded. I wish I had a Tele for every time somebody dragged me into a Tattoo Parlor!. I always told them "You Go First", then I bailed out !!!

I can't imagine choosing a Tattoo that I would have to live with for the rest of my life.

The young gals I work with all have tattoos. Most are just UGLY. Like something from a Coloring Book. I want to tell them that One Super $$$ tattoo done by a very well known artist would probably look better than twenty bargain basement tattoos.

I have seen some beautiful tattoos on women. And the reason they look that way is because they paid top dollar for them. The stupidest thing I recently saw was a very pretty young girl with some "Big Block Roman Style Letters in Jail House Green" running up both of her forearms. Just stupid.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    8barlouie and Felino like this.

20. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    whale-ship-back-tattoo.jpg

dr_tom and 8barlouie like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.