Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Those not into tattoos, with significant others who have them

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Oct 4, 2017.

1. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    I don't normally admit this or tell the world this but I had one of my ex gfs draw a symbol for me that I had tatted on me. I had it covered it up.

blowtorch likes this.

2. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2004
    Middle America
    But ... I ... I ... I ...

blowtorch likes this.

3. KyAnne

KyAnne Tele-Holic

Oct 8, 2011
    Swamps of Louisiana
    She's been hackin' and somebody has been jackin'

blowtorch likes this.

4. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

Feb 25, 2011
    Kentucky
    Those of you who say your wife only has one, look closer. NOBODY only has one tattoo.

blowtorch likes this.

5. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Holic

Apr 19, 2014
    SATX
    Doesn't seem to affect our relationship in any discernible way. Dated 3 years, engaged 1, and married 16 (so far...). It wouldn't kill me if she got 3 more or had it removed. I don't have any myself. I think wives with tats might actually improve the tone of telecasters and silverface amps...no? ;)

tacensi, JayFreddy and jannodude like this.

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I might not object to these. I've seen many more well done ones, than bad ones. And many times I seem to be the first guy to recognize what he's seeing.

+++

+++

Not sure how I managed it, but I still don't think I've ever dated anyone with a tattoo. Although, once upon a time my attitude was not hardened - I may simply not remember. So many people have them, seems to me any fun associated with getting one is gone.

7. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    You oughta hear her fussin and hollerin when I get after her tats with my angle grinder. Its messy but its quick and effective.

KyAnne likes this.

8. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2017
    Texas
    kids getting tats is just crazy. I'm 56 and still haven't found anything I would want for the rest of my life on me, so how the heck could a teen ager?

oh well, I guess the tat removal people need jobs too.

I don't and the wife has some. Don't really care for them , there small and mostly covered by clothes

RedTele58 and blowtorch like this.

9. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    I'm over 50 and same thing here. I was telling my kids how a buddy of mine has "in memoriam" tattoos for departed family members (his dad and his kid sister), and how while I could understand that, I had no plans of getting memorial tattoos for when they die

FenderGyrl, jimmytheshoe and xafinity like this.

10. Gmountain

Gmountain Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jun 7, 2015
    Florida
    IF I was looking for a significant other, a tattoo would be a deal breaker.

11. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    You are correct. I told Mrs. Stubee I'd shared her beautiful tattoo story and she said "I've got more, you forgot my eyebrows and eyeliner"!

I told her that tattoos that enhance body features don't count. I'll probably get back from hunting next week to find a nice "Stubee" inked down where only I can see it.

Daddy Hojo and jimmytheshoe like this.

12. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2011
    california
    My wife has tats. I've never considered getting one. I don't mind them, she had them done by a very good artist and they are beautiful works. It's amazing to me the amount of detail this guy put into his work. I do have to say I wasn't ready for the kinds of reactions people have to my wife's tattoos. Admiration from other ink'd people to comments like , "only whores and sailors have tattoos"... the latter almost always from people above a certain age. it's par for the course for my family, when you are married to a woman that is a body builder you have expect people are going to say things. We are definitely not the normal family.

13. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I'd be impressed if my wife got one: she HATES needles.

14. Guran

Guran Friend of Leo's

Mar 20, 2007
    Sweden
    I'm clean, my wife has three small ones. She want's to get another, but has so far accepted that I prefer if she doesn't. We'll see how that ends though...

I won't get any. I can't think of anything that I would want to wear for the rest of my life. Then someone says "but you could have your kids' names". Yeah, but I don't need a tat to remember their names, neither do I think that a tat would improve my love for them.

15. jimmytheshoe

jimmytheshoe TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Aug 1, 2017
    Chicago
    30+ years ago I came close to getting Underdog or the Batman logo. Love them both still, but at 51 and saggy glad it never happened.
    14 years ago almost got a howling wolf for my little bro who left on his terms. Still think about getting it, but then I realize I don't need ink to remember him.
    Like a few others here, ink is not a deal breaker for me but only one of my exes had ink. Guess that's a rarity now.

16. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2014
    london
    I had a tattoo at 19, but I'd already thought forward and now (I'm 52) its faded and not noticeable even by people I'm very intimate with.

I dated a girl who had my name tattooed on herself - nutter

My current mrs has none.

I am actively looking for an artist to work with on another at sometime in the future

17. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I'm 55 and retired military, no tats. Never found anything that I wanted on my body forever. My wife is Bulgarian and 39, she's totally against tats. My oldest daughter has 5-6 in places that don't show. I will say that if the Air Force had changed their logo way earlier in my career I may have gotten this one. By the time they did my career was almost over.

[​IMG]

Minimalist518 likes this.

18. TeleToTheRain

TeleToTheRain Tele-Holic

Feb 25, 2012
    in a van by the river
    IMG_0661.JPG

Get a couples tattoo! or better yet.... don't

rcole_sooner likes this.

19. gitarjoe

gitarjoe Tele-Afflicted

Sep 28, 2003
    NY
    not a big fan of them myself. my wife has 2, but hidden, where (hopefully) only I can see them.

20. murdude

murdude TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Brantford, Ontario
    People that desecrated their bodies are going to look in the mirror, if they haven't already, and say "WTF was I thinking?". The people in the removal business are going to be very busy and make a lot of money.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.