Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Those not into tattoos, with significant others who have them

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Oct 4, 2017.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    What are your feelings about your sig other's tattoo(s)?

2. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK
    Well, the other guys' names she keeps adding, those kinda bug me.

:lol:

DonM, wayloncash, drlizardo and 32 others like this.

3. Hippieway

Hippieway Tele-Holic

Mar 15, 2009
    virginia
    No tats on me and I've checked the old lady pretty close, sorry I'm in the wrong thread.

8barlouie, murdude, Obsessed and 4 others like this.

4. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Jan 10, 2017
    Clarksville, TN
    I think visible tattoos on anyone is 'tacky.' Visible as in wearing a t-shirt and jeans and you can still see them. I have a very small tattoo on the back of my ankle in remembrance of my grandfather and it is the same tattoo he had. I also have one on my upper bicep, I don't want anymore but my wife does. She has several, but not in any neither region and as long as she keeps it that way I don't care. Its her body, just don't mark on it where I can see it.

All the sleeved up guys I see at my age are already starting to look like they have leprosy on their arms......it only gets worse from there.

murdude and blowtorch like this.

5. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    I could certainly live without it; hers isn't very good, even as tattoos go, and I don't find tattoos attractive in their own right. However, I've dated a couple ladies that had them in the last several years, and personality takes first priority every time. I'm being very matter-of-fact about it, because if I keep getting to know someone, the tattoo(s) becomes part of the entire person and becomes sort of invisible. Ink. :lol:

6. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Nov 4, 2011
    Surprise, AZ
    Don't like tats on women. They look especially worse as the canvas gets to grandma age.
    I don't have any.
    My wife has a small one. I'd like her to get it removed.
    It is not a deal-breaker, however.

Toto'sDad and blowtorch like this.

7. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    My wife has one tattoo. My feeling is that its absurdly funny. True story follows:

Years ago her sister was in NYC and came across a collapsed man. She wanted to try CPR but was afraid of diseases (she is rather 'shallow'), so didn't, and had no cell to call for help. Most New Yorkers of course just walked right by the gent. A guy finally came up & leaned over as though to help, took his wallet and ran. Tough place to collapse!

Wife (who never travels solo in a city) thought "OMG, what if that happened to me, and I ended up in the hospital or morgue (!) and they couldn't ID me??" I suggested she follow my youthful path and commit crimes = fingerprints, but she decided to get her SSN tattooed on her right big toe. That way the morgue attendant would see it when he put the toe tag on, and she'd be ID'd! Voila!!

I laughed hysterically at the idea, so my wife of course got the tattoo while I was away. One of our young kids told me the news, so I asked my wife if she'd heard the updated morgue procedure: they had started putting the tag on the LEFT big toe!

She is wonderful but gullible, so fell for it fully until I assured her the right toe was still perfect. The tattoo started going south a few years later, and now--in spite of some fun touch-ups--is completely illegible; looks like an ink smear.

I don't make this stuff up.

studio1087, FenderGyrl, drf64 and 9 others like this.

8. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2016
    L.A.
    My GF has one, a dolphin on her ankle. I have no issue with it. It wouldn't bother me if she got more if she wanted to but I doubt she will because she hated the experience and didn't even finish the tat. :lol:

Most of the women I work with are tatted. As are the men. I refuse to get one at this point because getting a tattoo is way too conformist these days. I don't really do conformity well. :cool:

HoogieHar, Fearnot, papa32203 and 6 others like this.

9. Fender427

Fender427 TDPRI Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Northeast
    I have one, my wife has one. We both wish we never got them now.

DonM, BuckSatan, Stubee and 1 other person like this.

10. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    I've dated a couple of women with tattoos. I can honestly say that I've never seen one that improves the looks of anyone.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017

11. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    +1

studio1087, Fearnot and papa32203 like this.

12. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    My perspective as well

jimash likes this.

13. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2006
    Garner, North Carolina
    Lights out.

blowtorch likes this.

14. TigerG

TigerG Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Aug 14, 2015
    Nashville
    My wife has been threatening to get a tattoo ever since I've known her, but hasn't followed through yet. If she ever does, I'm sure I'll love the tattoo whatever it is--she has great taste in visual art.

blowtorch likes this.

15. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 12, 2010
    Norman, OK

16. elmoscafeo

elmoscafeo Tele-Afflicted

Jun 29, 2012
    Chicago Suburbs
    I don't have any tattoos. My wife has her eyeliner tattoo'd on. I guess that counts. I wake up in the morning, look over at her,...sexy eyes!

Doghouse_Riley and blowtorch like this.

17. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    I have a few tattoos myself (not visible with work attire) my wife doesn't have any. She finds it attractive. I will never ask her to get one but if she wanted one I wouldn't oppose.

blowtorch likes this.

18. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

When I was a kid (I hate that expression at age 60) the only people who had tats were 1)Men and 2) Men who were in the service who got them to mark a time frame, an event or to memorialize a fallen friend or even one drunken night
    out of a 3 day leave. If you asked, the answer might be a story or a brief but polite "me and my buddies were drunk" and there is where you left it.
    I think it was the mid-nineties that I started to see these youngsters, (needed a parent signature) many of whom were beginner metal musicians, who were totally sleeved in almost neon bright colors. No stories, no life experience to speak of, pretty much no sense. Not long after, it seems like females of that generation started getting them too.
    If there was a significant other, a few tats would be cool just no facial please and I'd hope that her tats would represent something special to her and not just be there as a fashion statement of whatever particular era. I have 4, all above the elbows and all black. Not particularly proud of or embarrassed by them since each one has a meaning and is a permanent part of me.

Stubee and blowtorch like this.

19. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2012
    Nebraska
    When she was a teenager, my wife and one of her boyfriends tattooed each others intials on their shoulders. The relationship didn't last, but the bad ink did. She had a tattoo artist cover up the initials with a small heart and arrow. Not the best tat I ever saw, but it's on the front of her shoulder and most people don't even know she has it. She has talked about getting a tattoo on her leg. It's no big deal to me, if that is what she wants.

jannodude and blowtorch like this.

20. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Those are what mine are, no frills.

blowtorch likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.