Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

This place is OCDPRI sometimes

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tfarny, Mar 13, 2018.

1. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Afflicted

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    One guy wants to make sure his pedals are all the same color, somebody else needs them all to be minis even though he has space for a regular pedal, another guy is actually losing sleep because his tele got a tiny ding in it, and the PRS Silver Sky apparently causes demons to be called forth from the depths of Hades, it's even worse than a recent Jean Claude Van Damme flick.
    Meanwhile I asked some questions about how to set up a Hipshot Bender and got zilch. This place does feel like TGP sometimes.
    OK, rant over. Going to play my guitar now.

2. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    would you prefer it if people didn't release the thoughts they had inside them?

I read a load of stuff I am bored by - page closed. If they find release, and others get entertained, good on them. consenting adults and all that

3. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars TDPRI Member

Apr 15, 2017
    ...playing in traffic
    Aw man, tell us how you really feel...

4. bcarter_1

bcarter_1 Tele-Afflicted

I don't have OCD... I have CDO, they are in the correct order

5. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO

Perhaps they thought you were putting the Hipshot Bender on a PRS Silver Sky ?

6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    We may be obsessive some times, but we are never TGP obsessive. :p

pondcaster likes this.

7. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Are you saying that you’re being obsessively ignored? What compulsion forces you to care?...

See what I did there? ;) :D

8. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Holic

Jun 27, 2016
    Alabama
    Look, scratches! And two different Strap Buttons!:eek: fullsizeoutput_176.jpeg

NWinther, Wyzsard, T-bone Ted and 2 others like this.

9. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC

10. WireLine

WireLine Tele-Holic

Mar 23, 2003
    Midland TX
    Never played thru an OCD, but most of those Fulltone products are great

11. craigs63

craigs63 Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Send him here.
    http://siouxguitars.com/guitar-pedals.php

I hesitate because I like having pedals different colors.

12. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Holic

Sep 19, 2011
    Michigan
    Sad Fitty!

Ill meander over to your bender thread and reply.

HEY EVERYONE THERES A PARTY ON THE B
    BENDER THREAD FOLLOW ME AND LETS HAVE SOME FUN!

13. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    OCD is a mental illness, and shouldn't be trivialized because your feelings got hurt.

14. Teleposer

Teleposer Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2016
    UK

Thanks for that. I'd never looked at it that way before.

Silly really. Now I feel as if I can take a whole new approach to not just this forum, but life in general...

OP, OCD is part and parcel of it all - first world problems and all that. Many musicians only own one guitar, don't take part in any forums on the internet, and would be highly amused to see the drama and the obsessions that go on here this side of the wall.

Probably best not to mention TGP either with what's come to light recently about them and the guy that runs the place.

Some musicians are autists. Autists like to make lists. Some musicians don't even realise they are a bit autistic. By 'autistic' I mean 'on the spectrum' ever so slightly. You need to touching the spectrum to be be a 'certain' type of musician anyway. But not all musicians are autists.

The whole list thing, the whole same colour thing, the whole getting bent out of shape because of one tiny ding thing, that all points to 'spectrum' behaviour. No big deal. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

These same people that get bothered by this are the same people that will jump out of nowhere and help you just for the hell of it when you maybe do get a serious problem. And they will do it just for fun!

If someone hasn't jumped in and answered your question on your Hipshot Bender in double quick time fashion, don't worry, just ask the question again, and your favourite (soon-to-be) autist will be along very soon to tell you all you ever wanted to know (and more) about Hipshot Benders. Then he'll probably get offended when you don't want to talk about them any more and start a new post about 'people who don't value my input on Hipshot Benders'.

No offense to autists or musicians intended.

It takes one to know one, and it takes a bigger one to admit it.

Tele1966, Guitdrum, Piggy Stu and 6 others like this.

15. Teleposer

Teleposer Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2016
    UK
    OCD is not a 'mental illness'. And we don't need your virtue signalling just because your feeling got hurt.

See, works both ways.

Pickin N Grinin likes this.

16. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY

17. stratoman1

stratoman1 Tele-Holic

Nov 12, 2016
    Virginia Beach, Va

Ummm, this will not do o_O

Ebidis likes this.

18. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    It is a public forum. Some of the threads on here make me roll my eyes but I just pass them by. Others have just as much a right to post as I do.

Piggy Stu likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.