Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

This is the "How Many Amps Do You Own" thread

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by T Prior, Jan 12, 2018.

1. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Always impressed by these, local guy uses one at our local summer concert series, there is always some "in the know" dude who strolls over to the board to ask about the "Blackface Twin" on stage..

Believer likes this.

2. scottser

scottser Tele-Holic

Mar 6, 2009
    dublin
    I have 2 low watt tube heads and 3 cabs to play around with. A bias modded special 6 and a laney cub. Cabs are a 112 v30, 112 greenback and a 1965 212 with jensen c12r. I have a rig for any circumstance or context. I just love that each of these amps have power switching options too. 2 is plenty for when the lads come round to jam and I use them both all the time separately or together in stereo using all 3 cabs.

3. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    the pics speak for them selves

P1011487.JPG P1011563.JPG P1011799.JPG P1011827.JPG P3060075.jpg

although not really an amp it is a computer completely dedicated to virtual amp simulations

IMG_0333.JPG

4. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    The most I've ever owned at one time was four including a little practice amp:
    Deluxe Reverb RI
    Peavey Classic 30
    Vox AC4
    Marshall MG10 or 15 (can't remember)

I now only have one: PRRI Special Edition with 12" speaker
    I also have a Helix which gives me anything I want from a modeling standpoint.
    Prior to buying the Helix I had considered adding a small Marshall and an AC10 to cover as many bases as possible. I just don't need the clutter.
    I use a DLS with the PRRI to emulate a Marshall and 5F6 to emulate a Tweed and that's all I need.
    My amp doesn't get much attention since I got the Helix
    Simple is better.

5. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I only own a 68 CDR

Should I buy more?

gridlock likes this.

6. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Oct 1, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Got to have photos of these so-cool amps.

7. Terickson

Terickson TDPRI Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Paradise
    SF Champ
    SF DR
    SF Bandmaster
    BF VR
    SF SR
    Mark lll Boogie
    Quilter Mini 101

8. akuster777

akuster777 TDPRI Member

Jun 20, 2017
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    I have four apms now, and I built them all myself because I wanted to hear what they sounded like. I'm glad I did.

1st build: Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe from a Mojotone kit, Sozo caps, Weber 12A125A speaker.

1.jpg

2nd build: Marshall 18 watt tremolo 1974 from a Ceriatone kit, Sozo caps, Sourmash cab, Celestion G12C Greenback speaker.

2.jpg

(I sold my 3rd build, an 18 watt baby will)

4th build: Fender 5F1 Tweed Champ from scratch in a 5E3 chassis, Sozo caps, Mergili 5E3 cab, vintage CTS alnico 12" speaker (I also have a Eminence Red Fang that sounds great in there).

3.jpg

5th build: Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe with Dumble Tweedle Dee mods from scratch, Sozo caps, Mergili cab, WGS V30 speaker.

4.jpg

I'm satisfied for now--these amps can give me lots of great sounds--but perhaps I'll build a 6G3 or a Plexi50 this summer.

Great thread! Best wishes,

Andrew

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    This has got to be the most fun thread in a long time. Not only are there great collections, some impressive homemade amps and some cool historic amps, but the reasons that go with them will make this a nice reference thread for a long time.

T Prior, akuster777 and 24 track like this.

10. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Nice work , there! keep us posted with pics as you build lots of guys follow that closely and enjoy the process!

akuster777 likes this.

11. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Oct 1, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Love the 18watt Marshall 1974 build especially.

akuster777 likes this.

12. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Holic

Jun 22, 2005
    BA
    Move to :

1) Blackstar HT1R head for home use
    2) Blackstar Artist 15

Both great. The HT1R is more than enough for Home use (headphones, mp3 input, and 100% valve).

13. Viejo

Viejo Tele-Holic

Feb 12, 2011
    Southern IL
    DSC02449.JPG DSC02450.JPG DSC02453.JPG

14. vangoghsear

vangoghsear Tele-Meister

Sep 18, 2014
    NE USA
    I don't really know how many I have. So I guess a listing is in order.

1. Behringer AC-112: Purchased for low price for features. (currently up for sale at a local shop)
    2. Crown 10 watt beginner amp: bought a house it was in the attic. (currently up for sale at a local shop)
    3. Traynor 40 watt YCVRW-40: found it used, nice amp.
    4. Epiphone Valve Junior Combo version 3: wanted a class A amp.
    5. Kustom Sienna 30 acoustic amp: needed an acoustic amp for coffee house gigs.
    6. Fender Rumble 15 bass practice amp: for my bass for recordings.
    7. PV Valveking 112: my first full tube amp. Currently my church gig amp, I leave it there.
    8. Vox Mini 3 G2: purchased as a travel amp, headphone and battery or AC operated.
    9. Vintage Sound Classic 22: I bought it following my father's passing to remind me of him. He was a wood worker and taught electronics as one of his careers. The Classic 22 has a furniture grade cabinet and is hand wired. I searched through lots of boutique amp builders to find this one. Beautiful amp and sounds great.

Looks like I now have 9.

JustABluesGuy likes this.

15. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    You have to ask that? Here?!? :eek: Turn in your TDPRI membership card! :twisted:;)

JustABluesGuy and DavidP like this.

16. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Meister

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    I have a Mesa Boogie 5:25 that's used almost every day. I also have a SuperChamp XD that needs a new home. It will probably not be worth it to sell it and there will assuredly be a poor kid who needs it in a nearby school. I'm thinking of just paying it forward.

17. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Fender Vibro King. Because, well, it’s a Vibro King. At 60W it’s way over-powered, but the cleans on it are nice. I have taken it to a max of 4 on the volume knob. Takes pedals really well though. Image1515869375.072460.jpg

Muchxs Morpheus. Nice low-powered bedroom and recording amp. Versatile. Image1515869451.883038.jpg

Tone King Imperial. Yes, the cleans are that good. At 20W, fits nicely between the Vibro King and the Morpheus. Image1515869483.728431.jpg

AER Compact 60/3. Great acoustic amp. Can be used as a coffee-house PA in a pinch. Image1515869530.988265.jpg

Ashdown MAG-C210T-300. Bass combo, lots of control, can dial in acceptable sounds with fretted and fretless instruments. Image1515869574.513255.jpg

JustABluesGuy, gridlock and 24 track like this.

18. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 29, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    I like the way you think.

JustABluesGuy likes this.

19. CK Dexter Haven

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    I remember when those (and your combo) came out. There was a lot of buzz, and I was sure this was the time Carlsbro would finally make a big splash in the US, I even bought one of the the 2x8 SS combos that came out around the same time. Never happened, I still can't figure it, they were nice amps. I suppose they caught the early edge of "smaller is better".

jimytheassassin likes this.

20. CK Dexter Haven

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Need to make a slight adjustment, guy on CL had a minty Ampeg G-18 ( think Champ w/ Ampeg styling) SS but they have a nice warm sound, that works well with pedals. I have had a few that were rough, but this was nice. Reading thru the ad "will trade for small Fender of equivalent value" ask if he would be interested in my G-dec as I have a little Yamaha drum machine that lays down some nice beats..sooo
    Yes yes he would, and the deal was done.
    Unknown-7.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.